Bitter Rant

Virginia Llorca

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dittymac.blogspot.com
First you need to proof read and edit. Then you need to make it into a noir short story or novella or novel. Did you ever look at Duotrope.com? Good sources for submitting your work. You need to either get Virginia back or get over her, but if she is a redhead, you will probalby never get over her. You will be able to move on, but not with another redhead. If she's not a redhead, get over it, sonny boy. Use the dope as a crutch and wean yourself off it.

cmi0616

Registered
Reaction score
I was trying to make heads or tails of the last part of your post, not looking at your name or picture until 5 minutes in haha... she is not a redhead and her names not even virginia, but thanks for the advice :)

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You might get more answers if you post it in the "Share Your Work" section. My opinion, on the one hand suffering an unwanted break up is something most can relate to. On the other hand, other people's troubles tend to get old fast. Think of a friend who is going through a break up, got fired from a good job, etc. The first ten minutes is juicy drama. After that, don't we really only listen because it's a requirement of friendship and not because it's interesting to hear about again every day? To be interesting to me, a stranger's break up misery would be short, unless it was just one subplot (or whatever that would be called in a memoir). Some memorable break up craziness would be good too. Also, at the end, I would like to see the person start coming out of it. That is if the purpose of writing it was to please an audience. JMHO

ETA: I forgot to say, I do like what you wrote. ;o)

Last edited:

cmi0616

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, Fruitbat, will do. As for the plot, I don't really know where this is headed. If anything, it was kind of a product of my sitting around and playing with words/storylines.

But glad you enjoyed it!