Writers Needed for Book Anthology

fountainpenn books

FountainPenn House of Publishing is searching for talented writers to submit poetry for two upcoming book anthologies.

‘Literary Loves Company’ & ‘Write-to-Publish’

Both books are scheduled for release in early 2006. This is a great opportunity to get your work published and read by people from around the world.

To find out more information log onto the following:

Literary Loves Company at: http://www.fountainpenn.com/LiteraryLovesCompany2.html

Write-to-Publish at:

http://www.fountainpenn.com/Writing2Publish.html

Danielle-Kim Davis

VP/FountainPenn Enterprise

www.fountainpenn.com

Alphabet

Aspiring Inspirer
Registered
Reaction score
Do you want to:

a) Give $5 per poem so that your poem can be considered for publication in an anthology where the publisher has not even been specified.

b) accept '50%' of profits from internet sales and no way to verify how many books actually got sold - and no mention of how many poets will have a share in that 50% (25 poems? 100 poems? 500 poems? however many enter the contest?), nor what the profit margin will actually be set to.

c) Have your poetry published by an organisation that can't even get their contest rules with acceptable level of grammar? (and we could mention the website in general, but I'm not giving a free content-edit to them!)

d) put your poetry to be published in an anthology that allows 18 days between contest close and notification of winners? Can anybody say 'selection process?'

Don't you think you should know whether:

a) It is a PA book, a lulu book (we love lulu, btw), a reputable poetry house itself, an editor that had a proposal accepted by a reputable poetry house?
Is it even a book? maybe it is just an e-book or downloadable pdf?

b) the anthology will get any publicity other than spamming of writer's sites?

c) You will get a free copy of the anthology or have to buy (they hope) a copy for your own bookshelf on top of the $5 fools-fee to enter the contest?

VERDICT?

Someone found their christmas-present kitty looked a bit low - this is a rush job contest - not even a well intentioned one.

Further research:

http://www.fountainpenn.com/History.html

Run writer, run writer, run run run
Don't give the scammers their fun fun fun
we'll get by, much better, you and I
If we run, writers, run writers, run run run.

Last edited:

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Alphabet said:
Do you want to:

a) Give $5 per poem so that your poem can be considered for publication in an anthology where the publisher has not even been specified.

b) accept '50%' of profits from internet sales and no way to verify how many books actually got sold - and no mention of how many poets will have a share in that 50% (25 poems? 100 poems? 500 poems? however many enter the contest?), nor what the profit margin will actually be set to.

c) Have your poetry published by an organisation that can't even get their contest rules with acceptable level of grammar? (and we could mention the website in general, but I'm not giving a free content-edit to them!)

d) put your poetry to be published in an anthology that allows 18 days between contest close and notification of winners? Can anybody say 'selection process?'

Don't you think you should know whether:

a) It is a PA book, a lulu book (we love lulu, btw), a reputable poetry house itself, an editor that had a proposal accepted by a reputable poetry house?
Is it even a book? maybe it is just an e-book or downloadable pdf?

b) the anthology will get any publicity other than spamming of writer's sites?

c) You will get a free copy of the anthology or have to buy (they hope) a copy for your own bookshelf on top of the $5 fools-fee to enter the contest?

VERDICT?

Someone found their christmas-present kitty looked a bit low - this is a rush job contest - not even a well intentioned one.

Further research:

http://www.fountainpenn.com/History.html

Run writer, run writer, run run run
Don't give the scammers their fun fun fun
we'll get by, much better, you and I
If we run, writers, run writers, run run run.

Yea but besides that, do you think it is a good deal?

Alphabet

Aspiring Inspirer
Registered
Reaction score
OMG :roll:

But seriously, the above was taken from a look at Write-2-Publish
Literary loves company is EVEN WORSE.

LiteraryLovesCompany-237x374.jpg

Just look at the cover of this book!!!! We all want our first step on the road but we still have to look where we are stepping.

This is the text of the introduction to the contest:

All writers who enter the 'Literary Loves Company' Contest will be published into an anthology of compelling stories.

And for the privilege to appear in such a selective anthology, with all the quality of content that so certainly entails, you get to pay $20 fools-fee.

This one actually offers cash prizes too, to the lucky three winners - who bets the winners are either going to be one of the 3Fs (friends, family, or fictional) though? Me, me, I do!!!!

Take a little look at the tasteful and sensible range of material being solicited for the same anthology:

Mainstream/Literary Short Story, Inspirational: Christian, Success Stories,
Romance (Not Erotica), Poetry, Science Fiction, Suspense, Mystery, Humor,
Non-Fiction, History, Writing Instruction

And anyone who still hopes this would be 'something to be proud of maybe',
this is a VANITY PUBLISHER with services ranging from $149 to $949 (with personal publicist, no less - so you TOO can spam writer's websites, presumably)

So - Do I think it is a good deal? Yes, it is a fantastic deal for the 'publisher' - at the authors expense.

It makes me sick to think of them, and it makes me think they are sick. The only thing I'd want to give them was a sense of decency and moral conduct.

Last edited:

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
aren't there 2 d's in priviledge?

Alphabet

Aspiring Inspirer
Registered
Reaction score
tee-hee-hee that's my error!

but that's ok, because I'm not charging anyone $20 for the pridviledge of them being allowed to give me their work for (say) one half a hundredth of the profit I'm going to make from the anthology. (200 contributions. = 50% to publisher and 0.25% per contribution to the contributors.)