• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for Mystery writers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyinpink

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Heads up, I don't have a Mystery Novel. I have an Urban Fantasy novel, and I need help with withholding information to keep the reader turning pages, without things coming across as "illogical". I'd adore a critiquer who could focus on that for me.

What I can offer in return is more general technique based feedback. I'm a pro with punctuation, but also good at things like writing from a very close POV (so the reader can experience the story with the character). I've been told I'm also good with description (not pages of it, just the well placed, exact and original one to ground the reader in the story). i'm good with flow of prose (how writing sounds)...including dialogue. Clarity, themes, depth, etc. Basically, small scale stuff. But I have big scale issues, and need someone who has different strengths than I do, so it can be a mutually beneficial partnership.

Ideally, I'd also like someone who is good at making unlikable characters more likable. Those are my main 2 concerns and all I would ask you to focus on, and I'd be happy to focus on anything asked of me as well, but as I've said, my skills really are with the smaller things--craft and technical details and such.

I can provide recommendations from critique partners if anyone is interested. I also usually suggest a 5-10 pages trial trade, to make sure both people are happy with the critique partnership. Currently, I think I can commit easily to 25 pages a week for trade, to start. I MIGHT be able to pull off 50 a week.

email me at inkmuse.sophia [at] gmail [dot] com if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.