How We Met

Pony.

Aspiring supervillain
Registered
Reaction score
Had that ID not been hand written in blue crayon that martini might have been within reach. We might even have gone so far as to do three olives,use real vodka and real vermouth. Although the cough drops worked out pretty well.

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
I met Pony at an apostrophe convention. In a workshop on how to break into closed businesses to correct their bad signage.

Pony.

Aspiring supervillain
Registered
Reaction score
Did they have a wet tshirt contest there,too?

ErezMA

Registered
Reaction score
I met Pony behind the bus station in Tucson, Arizona last night at approximately 11:34 PM. He just arrived and became upset to find out that the train left 11:30, "The train always leaves on time," I told him. I found it amazing how he didn't already know this. The conductor, Benjamin Nelson, had been regularly praised at his job for professionalism and punctuality. I actually read about it in the latest edition of 'Trains Leaving On Time in Tucson, Arizona Quarterly.' If it hadn't been any more obvious to Pony, Benjamin Nelson was on the cover. He was also on time for the photoshoot I hear. Unfortunately, he could only stay for a couple of shots because he wanted to make sure to get back to Tucson on time. Work was very important. It actually drove his family apart, "Why are you leaving now?" His wife asked, "This is your son's first birthday party! You don't always have to show up to work two hours early. Just stay for one more hour!" The great American, Benjamin Nelson responded, "What if there is a hurricane and there's traffic on the road? What if I was an hour late because it took me two hours to get through all that traffic? Then I'd be out of a job and we couldn't afford the candles on his cake! She tried telling him that work was only a tenth of a mile away. It was easily in walking distance, but Benjamin Nelson would be dissuaded. Punctuality was his middle name. He changed it in 1994 when he first got the job. The middle name he was born with was "Bubba."

Oh. I also asked to borrow Pony a dollar and he said no.

Last edited:

Pony.

Aspiring supervillain
Registered
Reaction score
That Pony is a stingy ass bastard,aint he?

Yourg

Registered
Reaction score
Pony and I met at an ass bastard party arranged by mutual friends. It's difficult for ass bastards to meet other ass bastards of like mind and interests, as you can imagine. Well, we've been thick as thieves ever since. Pony gave me the strength and support I needed to finally come out to my family as the ass bastard I really am. And you know what? They told me they've always known I was an ass bastard and that they would always love me just the same. Pony's changed my life --for the better. He even talked me into helping him run an A-B support group on Wednesday and Sunday nights. Yep, my life's been great, ever since Pony's been a part of it.

Last edited:

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I recall the last and first time I met Yourg pretty well, and I guess it mighta been the tommy gun what he had pointed at me that might stuck the meeting in my brain banks.

Yeah, that hunk of metal in his hands looked pretty mean in the February night – all final and shining under the sodium street lamps. The gun’s mouth, an empty looking O, wasn’t saying nothing, but you could tell it wanted to talk to me. You could tell that by the way Yourg held it.

‘Get in the car, Hoskins.’ It was Yourg what said that, his voice a low growl. ‘People is waiting on you,' he went on. 'Important people,’ he went on.

‘Say I don’t wanna go?’ I said.

‘Say it all you like. You’re going.’

I figured I was. Yourg’s eyes looked just like the mouth of that tommy gun and I was too tired to argue. I guess my Colt mighta had something to say about things, but my Colt was back in the Hotel room with Thelma.

Fucking Thelma.

Fucking go get me a cuppa joe with a shot in it Thelma. Fucking what you need your piece for to get me a dime’s worth of sparky Joe Thelma.

Fucking beautiful blonde, never let me fuck her with the lights on, Thelma.

Fucking Thelma.

‘Alright,’ I said to Yourg and his tommy gun and the sodium streetlamps with their worn out orange buzz. ‘Let’s get it done.’

#

Yourg’s car bucked over the rough cobble that fronted the warehouse. The building, a big old wooden structure that used to work cotton, didn’t have a single light burning in it that I could see. It wasn’t empty though, the five black sedans out front told me that.

‘Always thought that was cute,’ said Yourg. It was the first time he’d talked since I got in the car. I figured it wouldn’t be anything interesting, but I asked anyway.

‘What’s that, Y?’

‘The way all the top boys have the same car. You know. Like a union or something. Shows solidarity, don’t it. Cute.’

‘I suppose.’

Yourg pulled the car to a stop. He got out, I heard his shoes scuff on the cobbles – he always was a clumsy bastard. I let him open the door for me. His big face with its empty eyes peered in and I saw a long blonde hair on his overcoat what seemed out of place.

He said, ‘What you drive nowadays, Hoskins?’

Yourg always was a funny bastard.

#

The room was darker than dark. Total black. I could feel Yourg behind me; knew he had that Tommy pointed in my back.
‘Walk,’ he said.

I walked. I supposed I shoulda been nervous, but I wasn’t right then. I just kept on going into that thick blackness. My footsteps echoed.

The room was big, probably where they kept all those looms before the factory closed. Cleared now, of course. Just an empty warehouse: place to bring people; out of the way; end of the line.

‘Stop.’ Yourg’s voice sounded distant. Like he’d not moved from the doorway to the room. I got a little fear then being alone in that big dark place. I’d figured I knew what was gonna happen. I guess we all do, really. It’s just the waiting. That kinda stuff sets you on edge.

They made me wait a little longer.

Then they said something.

Or rather she said something.

‘You screwed it, lover boy.’

#

Fucking Thelma.

I’d nothing to say to her: lie? No point. She knew everything from the start. She’d fucked me for the past year and was fucking me now. That woman had done delivered me to herself.

Still, I had a little scrap of pride left and managed, ‘woulda been better just to stick me while I was sticking it to you, honey.’ I can tell you, the ‘honey’ stuck in my throat.

‘You shouldn’t a done it, Hoskins,’ Thelma’s voice sounded all cut up and different – deep somehow, like I was hearing it for the first time. ‘You had a good thing,’ she went on - Christ, she always went on, ‘you hadda good thing in everything, really.’

I coulda said something about her. I knew the boys from the five black sedans would be out there somewhere in the dark. I could say something about her making the moves on them, I could say something about how we’d planned it all with glowing post-fuck cheeks and après-fuck smokes in our mouths, but I didn’t. What would be the point.

I said, ‘just do it.’

‘That what you want, lover boy?’

‘I’m tired of it anyway,' I said, 'Hell, I’m so tired a thousand coffees with a million shots in them couldn’t raise me.’

I heard some mumbling and the snap-click of a tommy being loaded. Wherever Yourg was he was getting ready to punch my clock – I couldn’t say I blamed him.

‘You got anything to say?’ It was Thelma again, her voice seemed so different now, like it was all brand new. Damn, I guess everything sounds different and the truth of things come upon you when you’re right at the death of things.

‘I said you got anything to say, lover boy?’ It was Yourg talking, I thought that pretty mean and reckoned I had plenty to say. I reckoned I had plenty to say to Yourg and that long blonde hair on his jacket and his voice what sounded just like Thelma’s.

In the end I just said, ‘Well, Goddamn.’

Yourg talked back at me through his tommy gun – SPIT SPIT SPIT. Them bullets felt alright, I could stand them even as I fell.

I heard the footsteps. Echoing stiletto heels clumsily scuffing the floor of that big black room. I smelt Thelma’s scent – some perfume what she always wore – I remembered the bottle what it came in and I saw her shoes. It was weird, them stilettos covered by the bottom cuff of Yourg’s perma-creased slacks.

‘You never knew, huh?’ Someone said. Things had gotten cold by then, I felt the wetness seeping from me. The voice came again.

‘You really are the dumbest son-bitch I ever took to my bed, Hoskins.’

I just kinda moaned a bit. Sometimes that’s all you can do.

At the end of it, when Yourg put the tommy to the side of my head and told me a thing or two, I guessed I recalled the last time I met Yourg and the first time I met him too.

After that, I didn’t remember nothing.

Last edited:

Pony.

Aspiring supervillain
Registered
Reaction score
That's one hell of a post, Harry.
I wish I had something to match, after all how do you follow something like that?
I actually met Harry while he was arguing with Sally about the merits of Curly Vs. Shemp Vs. Joe
(He's a Shemp booster,BTW)

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I met Pony at a "Bring Back Disco" party. He arrived wearing a chartreuse polo shirt, purple-and-green checked bell-bottoms, zebra-striped platform shoes, and with a white faux-fur coat thrown over his shoulders. He gazed at everyone through iridescent aviator shades, and when he began to dance, he surpassed anything Travolta did in Saturday Night Fever. He was amazing.

Last edited:

ErezMA

Registered
Reaction score
I met Nymtoc at a "Donald Trump lovers" convention.

He was there as a protester.

Yourg

Registered
Reaction score
[Yeah, holy cow, Harry. That was wonderful.]

I first met ErezMa years ago. Ninety-eight, I think it was, at a dude ranch in Wyoming. She was there with her husband and eight kids, I think it was --a really big gaggle of a family, anyway. Seriously, it was quite the sight just to see her and her husband, Jim, wrangle all them little rascals and their horses to boot. Me and Jan had our two daughters along, of course. Man, and I thought two kids were exhausting.

You know, of all the other families there, we really hit it off with ErezMa and Jim the most. We got to know each other pretty well. I think Jan and ErezMa, especially, became pretty fast friends. We had a hell of a lot of fun. The ranch, hanging out, all of it was great.

It really seemed like it might be the beginning of a new couples friendship for us with ErezMa and Jim.

But then things got a little weird on one of the last nights when Jim, a little sloshed on these lemon and vodka concoctions we were all drinking...anyway, he wanted us to do one of those spouse swapping things or something like that. I'm making it sound less lurid than he made it sound, believe me. Not there and then. He wanted us to visit them in Portland sometime when their kids were visiting the grandparents or whatever and we'd do it then.

Well, I wasn't thrilled about it either, but I like to think I have an open mind about such things. But Jan was mortified. I knew that right away. She did that thing she does when she's really ticked off. She stops talking and gets all rigid like she does. And you just want to duck for cover before the claws come out. She didn't have to say a word. Well, I know my wife well enough to know she was not going to appreciate what Jim was saying. It almost made me burst out laughing. The weird absurdity of the situation, I mean. And he kept talking like he thought he was seducing us, her --Jan. Meanwhile, it looked to me like ErezMa was getting more embarrassed by the moment. I just felt sorry for the poor woman, if anything.

It did make me wonder if they really did get up to that sort of thing, though, and was it possible she was actually okay or even down with it.

We might have all gotten passed it if the subject had quickly changed to something else, but drunk Jim just did not want to let it go. He was a dog with a bone and he was determined to get us to agree to it.

Well, we made an awkward attempt to call it a night as gracefully as we could and just went to bed.

Oh hell, it really wasn't that bad. They were a fun couple and we had a lot of fun together at the ranch. And I know the kids had a great time too. But we did not keep in touch and needless to say we never did visit them in Portland.

So it was a real blast from the past when I was at the Trump rally in South Carolina the other day and lo and behold there was ErezMa handing out Vote for Trump flyers in the crowd. I'm not sure she recognized me. I didn't mention the dude ranch, though I had to think it would have jogged her memory. Best to let that lie. I did ask her how Jim was doing, which seemed to unsettle her a bit. Turns out Jim's long out of the picture, except for shared custody. A big friendly guy wearing a Donald Trump wig and t-shirt came lumbering up beside her. She introduced him as her boyfriend. Called him Nym, I think. I didn't quite catch it.

Well good for her. She seemed happy enough.

Last edited:

sprogspasser

Registered
Reaction score
I first met Yourg on a Greyhound bus from South Carolina. He was drinking direct from a bottle and kept talking about this woman he had just lost for a second time. He was well and truly sloshed and kept slurring his words. Kept calling her Erezma. I was in a tolerant mood and after the first fifty times stopped correcting him that a person isn't called charisma, that a person had charisma. Told me he'd sure like to have had charisma. I agreed that he could do with a little charisma. At this he burst into tears and told me how he had tracked this woman across the years and finally went to meet her only to find she'd hooked up with some tick. "Hooked up with a tick?" I asked intrigued.

"Nymtick? Nymtock? Potatoes? Tomatoes? what's the difference," he said taking a deep pull on the bottle.

I took the bottle off him. The bus pulled into my stop five minutes later and I got off after handing him his bottle back fuller than when I took it. As I stepped off the bus I looked back and saw Yourg had titled his head back with the bottle stuck to his lips. I swear next time I'm going to use the bathroom before embarking.

Poor Yourg, just hadn't been his day.

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*Literature, not idoicy (and I should think I may've mistaken my Sprogs!) - adult themes ahead.

Withdrawn to get ready for critique, then submission.

Last edited:

ErezMA

Registered
Reaction score
Bumped into him at a Wendy's. Turns out we both don't like the restaurant - it was just the only thing open at the time.

sprogspasser

Registered
Reaction score
I met ErezMa on the street late one night last week. He was with the hairy Hoskin. Old Hairy was in desperate need but unable to get any relief. ErezMa approached me, I was the only other person on the street, and explained his friend's predicment. Apparently all brothels had turned down Hairy's custom on account of his uncouth mouth. Being a man of the world, I was able to direct them to Wendy whose tag line is that she is open any time of the day or night.

Funny that Wendy's not been seen on the street since that day.

Last edited:

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I met Sprog at a Witness Protection Program annual meeting.

At that time, he was going by the name: Wendy.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bumped into 7Steps at my local Bed, Bath & Beyond...

She looked lost, so I helped her download the Google Maps app. :Shrug:

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I met C.bronco at a meeting of the National Pin Cushion Society. She told me she could not resist buying pin cushions and had more than 1,000 at home. I believed her at the time, but lately I've begun to wonder...

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I met Nymmie as he was wandering the streets of NYC. He said he was looking for that one-thousand-and-one pin cushion.

I didn't understand what he was trying to tell me, but he looked so cute while doing it, I just shrugged, gave him a big hug and wished him well.

Albedo of Zero

That didn't hurt
Registered
Reaction score
I met L08 during one hell of a blizzard. She said she got into a cab at the first Walmart ever built (Rogers Arkansas)back in 1962. I was taken aback, because I got into a cab back in 1971 at the first Starbucks..Seattle. There were many others as well; Nym caught his cab at the very first motion picture theater,the Nickelodeon, 1905, Pittsburgh. Anyway, L08 asked to borrow a dollar to tip the cab driver; Nym thought that was quite excessive.

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
I met Albedo of Zero when she was calling herself Alberto of Zorro. She wore a long, black silk cape which looked very good on her. Very tall people can carry off the cape look, I've noticed. She wanted to engage me in a long introvert conversation. You know, the one where you discuss deep subject that don't mean anything in the real world but are an excuse to talk about feelings. I said that I would if she bought me a bowl of Menuedo, but since she doesn't like tripe and said the bowl wasn't deep enough, we said our good-byes.

AlienJerky

Registered
Reaction score
It was Halloween. StephanieFox was practicing her tightrope walking in her front yard. I was dressed as Edward Scissorhands. One thing led to another... and she sort of just fell into my arms.

OTurtle

Registered
Reaction score
It was the ungodly hour of two a.m. We had just been kicked out of our third bar, Josepha and I, and as we stood shivering in the fine, bone-chilling rain, I said, "I could do with some alien jerky right now."

"There'shaplace jusht upthe shtreet." Josepha staggered forward a few paces. Poor thing could never hold her alcohol. I put a steadying hand on her arm and guided her down the street, which was a strange way to do it since she was the one who knew where we were going. At least, I thought she knew, but when we got there, it was a cobbler shop--closed, of course, at that hour.

"Are you sure we can get alien jerky here?" I said, wrinkling my brow.

"Ofcourshe, doneitathoushandtimesh," she said. And jerking her head back, she screamed, "ALIENJERKYNOW!!!!" and started pummeling on the door.

"Josepha, maybe we should--" But before I could finish, a window opened above the shop, and an irate man with a receding hairline stuck his head out.

"Shut up before you wake up the whole block!" he screamed just as loudly. "What do you want?"

"It'shnot whatiwant, it'shwhat he wantsh." Josepha stepped aside, leaving me feeling as though I was standing in a spotlight as the irate man glared at me.

"I was--I was just--I wanted some alien jerky," I faltered.

"Oh yeah? Well, I'm AlienJerky. What do you want with me?"

I stared at him in silence, my jaw slowly dropping. I could hardly say that I wanted to eat him. I glanced at Josepha and saw that she was now on the ground, cackling silently. I hitched up my jaw.

"I merely wish to say--good evening to you, sir." And with what dignity I could muster, I strolled back down the street.