Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
The link for a voluntary subscription is here.

The amounts are essentially arbitrary, because the form wanted me to enter suggested amounts. There should also be a place where you can enter your own number, larger or smaller.

The voluntary subscription will not provide an ad-free experience.

There's only one level of increased benefits, no matter how much you contribute; you get a bigger PM box, and you get a bigger avatar. Both of those benefits also will occur naturally, with greater time and post-count as a registered member, without contributing.

It's never a recurring amount, although we do an automated email reminder a year later, in case you'd like to contribute again--but you're not signing up for a monthly bill or deduction.

The benefits never expire, whether you re-subscribe or not.

Your subscription is fully refundable upon request, for any reason whatsoever.

What does your subscription get you? No matter how much you contribute, you get the warm and fuzzy satisfaction of knowing you helped keep this place on the web, for the benefit of writers everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What is a Benefactor Member? I've seen the distinction listed under some user names.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
If you give a voluntary subscription, you become a Benefactor Member, and thus can have that as a user title. There are other benefits, like a slightly bigger PM box, too.

Deleted member 42

If you give a voluntary subscription, you become a Benefactor Member, and thus can have that as a user title. There are other benefits, like a slightly bigger PM box, too.

If a member donates and asks to be anonymous we do not set the User Title to Kind Benefactor; you still receive the other benefits. Otherwise, any donation means your User Title is changed to Benefactor member (you can still of course change your User Title yourself via UserCP-->Under Your Profile heading "Edit Your Options"-->Enter text in "Edit your User Title"
).

Last edited by a moderator:

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Many :ty: to the dragon and the coyote. So the wooden nickels I send by carrier pigeons allow me to change my malefactor member status. :ily: guys.

thedark

Weaving through the night.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya!

I sent in a voluntary subscription a few weeks ago.. But how do I tell if it correctly tied to my AW account? I have a small Avatar, for example... If it didn't attach to my account correctly, what can I do, or who should I ask for help?

Thank you!

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
Happy New Year, thedark, and welcome to the forum.

Send MacAllister a PM with the details of the subscription, including the date and how you sent it. Mac will get you squared away.

thedark

Weaving through the night.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy New Year, thedark, and welcome to the forum.

Send MacAllister a PM with the details of the subscription, including the date and how you sent it. Mac will get you squared away.

Thanks Ari! MacAllister fixed me up already (super fast!) and I'm all set to go. Life is good!

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Can I make a contribution in the name of a different AW member? And have it get credited to that person?

And can you gift wrap it? :)

ETA: My email at PayPal is different from here on AW, so how will you know it's from me?

Last edited:

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Juniper, yes you can do that. Just shoot me an email with the details, including whether or not you want to be anonymous about it. :) macallister (dot) stone (at) gmail

sb118 James

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.starbase118.net
I am curious about why you don't provide an option to pay for an ad-free experience?

I'm sure there are people who would pay a fixed donation to receive such an upgrade. Maybe it could be for a set period. Pay [x] amount, get [certain period of time, e.g. 6 months or a year ad free]. I don't know if that would be too much hassle. Just some thing to consider. :)

(Edited to add:)
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere. I've done a little reading about and haven't seen it yet. I was wondering what the dimensions/file size limit are for larger avatars.

Last edited:

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
I am curious about why you don't provide an option to pay for an ad-free experience?

I'm sure there are people who would pay a fixed donation to receive such an upgrade. Maybe it could be for a set period. Pay [x] amount, get [certain period of time, e.g. 6 months or a year ad free]. I don't know if that would be too much hassle. Just some thing to consider. :)

(Edited to add:)
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere. I've done a little reading about and haven't seen it yet. I was wondering what the dimensions/file size limit are for larger avatars.

After you reach 50 posts, you can upload a custom avi. The max size is 175 x 240 pixels or 73.8 KB (whichever is smaller). For other great info, check out the Newbie Guide

By the way, welcome. And feel free to introduce yourself in the New Member forum, too!

g_eke

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If a member donates and asks to be anonymous we do not set the User Title to Kind Benefactor; you still receive the other benefits. Otherwise, any donation means your User Title is changed to Benefactor member (you can still of course change your User Title yourself via UserCP-->Under Your Profile heading "Edit Your Options"-->Enter text in "Edit your User Title"
).

How long does it take for the changes to be applied to your profile after a donation has been made? I'm not desperate, and it's only been a couple of days, but thought I'd check anyway. :)

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
How long does it take for the changes to be applied to your profile after a donation has been made? I'm not desperate, and it's only been a couple of days, but thought I'd check anyway. :)

MacAllister is the only one who has access to the PayPal data, but I can change your User settings right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.