Fantastic Video of Stirling Castle's Restored Palace

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score
The palace re-opened over the weekend, and I visited yesterday and have to say the palace is amazing.

Highly recommended to anyone visiting the area. :)

There are areas open to visitors that were previously private (King James' School Room, site of James IV's Chapel . . .) and they also have the original Stirling Heads on display too. Oh, and you can now get a good look at the exterior carvings as you walk upstairs to the exhibition.

I'm going back this weekend to get a real good look. Perks of having a sister working for Historic Scotland. :tongue

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Julia, like you I went to Stirling Castle on my honeymoon. We're from Chicago, and we'd planned to come to the UK even before we got engaged, so we just took the trip as-planned and attended World Con in Bristol before we took off for The North. My husband is of Scots descent and wanted to see the land of his ancestors. We toured all 'round, making our base at a lovely B&B in Stirling and taking day trips. What a tour we had...we hired a car, steeled ourselves to drive on the unfamiliar side of the road, and took off.

Sigh.

Bookewyrme

Imagined half of it.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bookewyrme.straydreamers.com
When we went to Stirling about a year ago, we were super-sad that the restoration was still in progress so we wouldn't be able to get into the palace. Now I'm even more bummed!

Anyway, thanks for the link. :)