• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking For a Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyc

Registered
Reaction score
For a weird Fantasy/Western/Steam-Punk type of mix thing.

I haven't entirely done this before, and the novel isn't done yet (getting close though, about 1/3rd), but it can be done on a chapter-by-chapter basis.

EDIT: Realized I need more information. Haha.

An immortal hitman and a (bad) con-man inadvertently go after the same target, and are blackmailed into doing some "business" for him. Of course, there are personal demons and some sort of grand conspiracy along the way.

Mainly looking for characterization and "logistics" (basically, tiny little filler details) within the plot itself.

Last edited:

Receding Waters

How much for a cheeseburger?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ourchinaexperiment.wordpress.com
I like the multiple slashes for the genre. I have that same problem it seems. I'd like to take a look at it, if you'd be up for that. Sounds like there is still a lot of room for growth in it--and really, until it's on the shelf in Borders there always is--and I think it could be interesting. I like western with a flare and attitude, and there seems to be some of that here...If you'd like to do a test-run where I look at one chapter and give you thoughts and you weigh my two-cents against what you're looking for before moving further, I'm game with that, too. No hard feelings whatsoever.
I have no publishing history besides some poems in local crap, but I do love to write fantasy/stuff. I'm currently looking for another pair of eyes--that belong to a writer--to take a look at my WIP and I'm doing edits to it now, but I'm not asking for anything in return for looking at your material. If you wanted to take a look at it you could. If not, no problem and I could still look at your WIP. PM me or e-mail or IM...any of those can be found on my profile, I think.
Happy hunting.
-Receding Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.