Publish on Demand Global

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We specialize in safely and securely bringing authors and publishers into the US...
What the heck is that supposed to mean? It sounds like they're into people trafficking.

What's Bobby's connection with Dr Jan Yager, who apparently owns a publishing company?

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
Publish On Demand Global through it's partners and affiliates and acquisitions, provides services to approximately 10,000 authors and publishers around the world.

Whoo! My English teacher sensibilities have been assaulted—two errors in the first sentence. You'd think that publishers should know that it's means it is. The possessive pronoun doesn't have an apostrophe. Then there's the missing comma after Global. If you insert a non-essential clause in the middle of a sentence, you need commas both before and after it.

Shrouded

Ne tequcesiverius extra
Registered
Reaction score
Dr. Yager is apparently qualified as a coach? What kind of a coach could be Fletcher's connection. Let's see, basketball, baseball,...hmmmm.

C. K. Casner

is a twisted individual
Registered
Reaction score
Wonder if the Florida AG knows of the newest scam-oops business venture.

WriterMomto3

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
When I worked there, they were trying to put together a program to offer "coaches" for writers. I don't know what they were charging but I'm pretty sure it was per hour. I can't imagine someone who has a PhD would fall for working for Fletcher? (I did, but I don't have a PhD!!)

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Check out the prices Fletcher is charging for authors to attend/send their books to book fairs (this is from the Publish on Demand Global website, which doesn't mention Fletcher or Strategic, but it's the same fee schedule he sends Strategic authors):
PLEASE FILL OUT ONE SEPARATE FORM FOR EACH BOOK.
Otherwise, we are very, very confused.. smile.
Your Name: _____________________________
Your Book Title: __________________________

Translation:
You only need to pay for a translation of your sell sheet if you are attending or displaying your work at the Beijing, or Abu Dhabi show. It is a one time only fee. You DO NOT need to pay it each year.
(No discount for multiple books).
Chinese Translation $111 One time only $______________
Arabic Translation $ $111 One time only $_______________
Gerrnan Translation $111 One time only $______________
Subtotal Translation $____________

Book in Booth and Book In Catalog/iPad

2011 is a pivotal year for children's books because of increasing technology and increasing demand for books in English. We want to do everything possible to have more authors participate. Therefore we have designed a very inexpensive PACKAGE FOR ALL SHOWS.

All Show Package $485 $_________ (Regularly $1600)

Additional Books only $100 Each. Please List Books:
_________________________ $100

---------------------- Individual Shows ----------------------

Taiwan Book Fair:
No Charge if you sign up for any show in time.

Additional Books $100 each. Simply list them under the show you wish them to appear in.
Abu Dhabi Book Fair: $199 $_________
London Book Fair: $ $199 $_________
BEA: New York $199 One time only $_________

American Library Association:
New Orleans $ $199 $_________
Beijing Book Fair: $ $199 $_________
Frankfurt Book Fair: $ $199 $_________
Subtotal: $_________

Or consider all shows for one year at a discounted price
All Show Package $ $485 $_________ (Regularly $1600)

Additional Books only $100 Each. Please List Books:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author In Booth

Authors registering for multiple shows get priority. Authors from the prior year get priority.

We will get back to you with the schedule and what times and dates are available. If you have any specific requests because you know your schedule, please let us know early and we will try to accommodate you immediately.

THESE ARE FOR 1/2 OF A DAY. You may reserve a full day for $1100 total, which is discounted $300 because our administrative overhead is reduced). Simply type $1100 into the blank and we will get back to you. And yes, "buy 3 get one free" does apply" and a full day counts as two for that.

Abu Dhabi Book Fair: $ $899 $_________
Bologna Book Fair: $ $899 $_________
London Book Fair: $ $899 $_________
BEA: New York $899 $_________

American Library Association:
New Orleans $899 $_________
Shanghai or Hong Kong Book Fair: $899 $_________
Beijing Book Fair: $899 $_________
Frankfurt Book Fair: $899 $_________
Subtotal: $_________

If you would like to attend more than 4 shows, please email us directly. If you sign up for 3 shows the 4th is free.

==================================

GRAND TOTAL $___________________

As mentioned, please let us know your plans and intents. You can reserve your spot and all payments are guaranteed.

Shrouded

Ne tequcesiverius extra
Registered
Reaction score
PLEASE FILL OUT ONE SEPARATE FORM FOR EACH BOOK.
Otherwise, we are very, very confused.. smile.

That smile is for knowing some of the flock will actually hand over the cash with open arms.

C. K. Casner

is a twisted individual
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh... I recieved the very same email. I'm surprised he didn't add his little imtimidation attempt at the bottom of this one.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com

The Grump

Hates Marketing. Loves Writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mktheodoratus.com
Publish On Demand Global

Thought I'd post this for the records since I couldn't find any comment on them.

Got the proverbial email, because they found me as an author, offering to publish my works in India.

The usual hand-in-the-pocket or do they offer a legitimate service? Anyone know anything?

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Link here: www.publishondemandglobal.com

Their blog has the usual rah-rah-self-publishing tone, and the usual semifactual list of Famous Authors Who Self-Published. Lots of focus on Asian and Indian markets. I didn't read deep enough into the site to spot more than that, sorry. When I self-publish, I already know better routes.

In general, if one doesn't already have a track record with a large publisher or lots (20,000+) self-publishing sales, it's a good idea to be skeptical of publishers who contact you.

In addition, given some of the conflicts between publishers v. nationalistic groups happening in India, I'd be very cautious about what and how I published in India right now. There's no guarantee Publish On Demand will stand by you if anything you publish upsets someone to the point of litigating in an Indian court.

The Grump

Hates Marketing. Loves Writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mktheodoratus.com
Okay, I'll display my ignorance. Is the thread search the Google thingie at the bottom of the page? I always though it was a "web search".

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
The Google search at the bottom of the page searches absolutewrite.com only, so yeah, it's a thread search. There's also the forum's "built in" search which is the 'Search' link along the blue bar at the top.

(Honestly, though, I find the Google search quicker and easier.)

As for Publish On Demand, they're not to be trusted. Money should flow towards writers and yet this "publisher" seems to be taking it away from them....