• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Smart Guide Publications

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
I've redacted Dr. Z's real name from the posts in question.

johnthomas

Registered
Reaction score
I was in contact with Mr. Jerome and I had the same experience described in the forum.

My roommates girlfriend applied to a job on craigslist and got a letter back from Frank asking her to edit 2 chapters for free and to do it as soon as possible in order to qualify for some job. The letter was shady and full of grammatical and spelling errors. Like a smart girl she walked away. If it looks shady and acts shady, best walk away.

She told us about the incident and I then told some bloggers who discussed it at length with me. I forwarded the emails around and some of us had a laugh while others were appalled. Many people had serious doubts to the legitimacy of the job.

Later I emailed "Frank" and told him I thought he was shady.
After all, there is no record I could find on his company. No Address or phone number in any of his emails. Heck, no city even. Very unprofessional.

Just like a few of you I got the same types of responses:
"You are sick. You need professional help. This is a legitimate job. You need a psychiatrist."
And the list goes on.

Why even bother answering? I mean, aren't publishers too busy to get mixed in all that silliness?

For all the effort he put into responding and trying to fire back he gained nothing. If anything it only made him look worse and put the legitimacy of his "company" (if there is one) in serious question.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site gone. Last book pubbed '15.