• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a Beta Reader for a Paranormal Romance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiekswriter

USA Today Bestselling Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jkschmidt.com
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a beta reader for my Nanowrimo novella "Iron Britches." I'm looking for someone who will help me with some rough editing and maybe give suggestions on where to expand it into a full length novel. I'm joining my local RWA in January and I wanted to present something more polished than what I've got (first impressions and all that). I would be willing to beta your manuscript too. I have a bachelor's degree in Secondary Education English and have a keen red pen when I need to. I take criticism really well and I'm not one of those speshul snowflakes that needs to be true to my art. If the scene/description/word choice is weak -- out it goes!

There are some pretty descriptive sex scenes in it, just to warn you.

Here is the basic premise:

"Carolyn believes with all her heart she’s going to shift into a dragon. Unfortunately, everyone else thinks she’s a loony. There hasn’t been a female hatched or shifted in over a hundred years.

The cult of humanity sacrificed a girl dragon around that time and her spirit haunts Carolyn’s house. The ghost claims that if they can break the spell, the female dragons will start emerging into this world. However, no one believes Carloyn about this either -- until an attack on the dragon embassy and reports of dragon’s hordes being pilfered bring two Alpha dragons into Carolyn’s life.

One dragon the ghost immediately falls in love with. The other is the ghost’s brother, who thinks humans are great – for servants. Carolyn finds herself being dragged all over the world to track down clues on how to set the ghost’s spirit at peace and to find out what’s blocking her shift. Along the way, she finds out that maybe her heart’s desire isn’t all that it is cracked up to be, since being one of the few female dragons means she’d be expected to breed often and kept sheltered from the outside world."

As you can see, it's a bit of a jumbled mess. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :D -- Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.