Why did you pick your avatar?

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have this way of actually kinda believing the avatar pic is the one I am speaking too, so it throws me on here when so often it's a male pic so I think it's a guy but it's not, and vice versa. Just the other day on here I thought I was dealing with the Fonz. Yeah, well, happy days to you if y'all think you're normal then... ;o)

Why did you choose your avatar?

... And your screen name?

While we're at it, do you think you're normal? Just wonderin'

Last edited:

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why did you choose your avatar? I just picked one from the ones that were offered. Alone in a fantasy land reminded me of writing.

... And your screen name? I thought it was kind of cute and bizarre. (I'd divebomb my own soft head too but I can't reach it ha ha)

While we're at it, do you think you're normal? Just wonderin'[/QUOTE]
Yeah, right. More like it's okay because everybody else is nuts too. ;o)

Last edited:

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
1 - Because I really do poop rainbows. Sparkly ones.
LOL!
And I think this might better served in Office Party?
Oh, sorry. Oops.

Last edited:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Meow.

(I'm not really a cat ;-)

I change my avatar every week; always some funny or silly cat photo. It's odd, but new members often assume I'm female because I have a cute cat as an avatar; in real life I'm a guy about the size of an NFL linebacker.

One of the attractions of AW (at least as far as Office Party is concerned) is people don't have to act normal even if they are. In real life they might have a boring or serious job (for example, I work for a major structural engineering firm), or have five kids to take care of, or have a significant health problem, or be unemployed, and they can come here and act like goofs for a bit and get away from their real life problem or the drudgery of everyday life or just to have a few minutes of pure, unadulterated silliness.

Last edited:

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I change my avatar according to what I'm interested in at that moment, or what I'm drawn to, or what's making me laugh, or just an image I like. My avatar is a reflection of a little part of my personality. Especially on a writers' board -- I think showing something of what makes you you is a good thing. :) Whether I'm male or female isn't that interesting, really! :)

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I found the one that looked as assholey as I often feel. I needed a face with attitude.

hold on...we're going for a ride to the OP.

Dawnstorm

punny user title, here
Registered
Reaction score
I chose to have no avatar for two reasons:

- Too lazy.
- I kinda like being invisible.

One of the two usually applies.

My screenname? My first internet user name on any board was "Foxfire", which was a faerie mage I played in Wizardry 7. Then I joined another board, where a prominent member had "fox" in the title, so I didn't want to use that. The first thing that came to mind was a cheesy T. Rex song called "Dawnstorm", so I chose that. I stuck with it ever since, even though the name doesn't suit me: I'm not an early riser, I don't have a stormy temperament, the song isn't amongst my favourites, and the lyrics don't really describe me. Since I think that names are just labels, anyway, a name that doesn't suit me suits me just fine.

Do I think I'm normal? Go on. Take a guess.

Last edited:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
<------ iz my puppy

The name "Cyia" came from one of the first things I wrote as a kid. She was a starship captain / exiled ruler (sort of Han Solo and Leia in one package). Very cool character. One of these days, I may have to find the old floppy disk on which she resides, dust the "horrible" off her story and make something out of it.

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
One of the attractions of AW (at least as far as Office Party is concerned) is people don't have to act normal even if they are. In real life they might have a boring or serious job (for example, I work for a major structural engineering firm), or have five kids to take care of, or have a significant health problem, or be unemployed, and they can come here and act like goofs for a bit and get away from their real life problem or the drudgery of everyday life or just to have a few minutes of pure, unadulterated silliness.
Who was it who said "There's no point in being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes"?

To show you all my beard.
I thought it was because you'd got a new job as a middle-eastern villain in the next Rambo film.
Wait, I've got a better one.

It looks like you sneezed so hard that the hair on your head slipped down to your chin.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Touch it. Go on. You know you want to.

But it looks hungry and I like my hand where it is. So, um, no.
I thought it as because you'd got a new job as a middle-eastern villain in the next Rambo film.
I thought he was doing stunt work for Osama.

Last edited: