The Fellowship Cafe

FranYoakumVeal

Simple gal, complex mind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
franveal.com
Jack Parker commented yesterday that he had noticed this forum was a little slow. I want to challenge all of the writers who are Christ followers, regardless of the genre you write for, to come here to this forum at least weekly to encourage each other. C'mon guys, we should have the most awesome forum out there!

Blessings!

Robin Bayne

~writes for Him~
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robinbayne.com
-/\/\-----------------------------------------------------------------
\ / TODAY'S VERSE from HEARTLIGHT -- http://www.heartlight.org/
--\/------------------------------------------------------------------

VERSE:
Since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding.
-- Colossians 1:9

THOUGHT:
In a world where we can feel so isolated and alone at times, it is so important for us to know that someone is praying for us and for our spiritual needs. As I think of the thousands who are a part of the Today's Verse ministry, I cannot help but pray that each of them, that you, are blessed by knowing that you share a spiritual journey with people all over the world, and that today, we will be praying for each other. And of course there can be no better prayer than the one that Paul prayed for the Colossian friends he had never met -- "I ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding." Let's pray that for each other today.

FranYoakumVeal

Simple gal, complex mind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
franveal.com
This is a busy week for everyone, but I just wanted to say

May God bless you all!

And please pray for my family. It is our first holiday season without my dad, who went to be with the Lord earlier this year. Thanks!

Jack Parker

Sleep is only caffeine deprivation.
Registered
Reaction score
So sorry to hear that, Fran. I pray you and your family are both comforted and encouraged in your giving thanks this weekend.

I'm single and will be staying home having the traditional Thanksgiving Tacos. (Hey, I have my traditions and you have yours!) For tacos, I truly give thanks! (My favorite!)

I make turkey about three times a year and just made one a month ago. The best thing about turkey is the homemade turkey gravy and mashed potatoes. :yessmiley it's the whole reason I make it!

But tacos? Tacos bring me great joy and rapture divine! I make them often and never get tired of them. (Three more days... just three more days... I can make it...)

Robin Bayne

~writes for Him~
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robinbayne.com
Also sorry, Fran, Sending prayer and warm fuzzy thoughts!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my writing friends.

Enter [the Lord's] gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
-- Psalm 100:4-5

FranYoakumVeal

Simple gal, complex mind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
franveal.com
Thanks for the prayers, Jack and Robin!

Jack, I love tacos, too. My mama is from Lubbock,Tx and I was raised on Tex Mex.

I'm thankful my family will be together and that we are getting our turkey from Slick Pig. (i.e. I don't have to cook it!)

Jack Parker

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the prayers, Jack and Robin!

Jack, I love tacos, too. My mama is from Lubbock,Tx and I was raised on Tex Mex.

I'm thankful my family will be together and that we are getting our turkey from Slick Pig. (i.e. I don't have to cook it!)
Slick Pig? Yup, you're southern! I lived in the south for awhile and loved it! "I miss me some sweet tea!"

Don't have to cook? Those words make me break out into a cold sweat! Cooking and writing are my two earthly passions. I make turkey several times a year just so I can get that joy of making a big meal for people! I have a recipe for turkey that's so good it'd bring Jesus back early. And my Vanilla Mashed Sweet Potatoes have been known to trigger personal revivals. I'm just sayin'.... ;)

Jack Parker

Registered
Reaction score
So, Jack, what time should we be there?:D
It's like I tell my neighbors, my door may be closed but it's always open. I cook for hungry people.

I posted the recipe for my Vanilla Mashed Sweet Potatoes in the recipe forum if you'd like to see it. I just checked and I did post the Turkey recipe, too.

I can't recommend cooking the turkey this way highly enough. I've been doing it for 20 years and never had a dry bird. It's gorgeous to boot. It'll look like Donna Reed made it when it's done. Another plus is that it saves valuable oven time for all everything else. (Stuffing, casseroles, pies, roasted veggies, husbands who can't stop picking at and tasting everything, etc.)

This year, though, I'm spending Thanksgiving alone at home (by choice). I make turkey several times a year so I'm not going all out just for myself. Instead I'm making the Traditional Thanksgiving Tacos! LOL

FranYoakumVeal

Simple gal, complex mind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
franveal.com
Slick Pig? Yup, you're southern! I lived in the south for awhile and loved it! "I miss me some sweet tea!"

Don't have to cook? Those words make me break out into a cold sweat! Cooking and writing are my two earthly passions. I make turkey several times a year just so I can get that joy of making a big meal for people! I have a recipe for turkey that's so good it'd bring Jesus back early. And my Vanilla Mashed Sweet Potatoes have been known to trigger personal revivals. I'm just sayin'.... ;)

I'm a Tennessee gal! I've been known to draw blank stares for asking for sweet tea north of the Mason Dixon line! And it has to be brewed sweet tea, none of this from the fountain Nestea stuff!

But I digress. Checking out the Vanilla Sweet Potato recipe. I have about 5 pounds of SPs to cook tomorrow!

Jack Parker

Registered
Reaction score
If you don't have vanilla bean, can you substitute real vanilla extract?
Absolutely. I have some real Mexican vanilla and have used that before.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
This is a busy week for everyone, but I just wanted to say

May God bless you all!

And please pray for my family. It is our first holiday season without my dad, who went to be with the Lord earlier this year. Thanks!

I'm way late to this thread, but wanted to stick my nose in and say :hi:. Fran, how was your Thanksgiving? I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, but I'm glad he's at home in heaven. :Hug2:

FranYoakumVeal

Simple gal, complex mind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
franveal.com
Good Thanksgiving.

I'm way late to this thread, but wanted to stick my nose in and say :hi:. Fran, how was your Thanksgiving? I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, but I'm glad he's at home in heaven. :Hug2:

We had a nice Thanksgiving, thanks. It does help to know he's home!

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
An encouragement (not to be attributed to anyone more worthy):

Been waiting all day today to get my writing time. But while washing up the breakfast dishes, a thought occurred to me.

I've often thought on writers who say they pray that God will give them the next story to write. Now, as many times as I've prayed for that, I've never felt it happen. That makes me feel a bit discouraged -- I have gajillions of stories in my head, and to the best of my knowledge, the Master has never obviously given me even one of them.

And it came to me while doing the dishes -- this is okay. The Word says that without Him nothing was made, that was made. As in His marvelous creation of the world, the cosmos and all that's in it, so also in our imaginations. Since I serve the Lord, without Him I write nothing that I type down into the software.

Julian of Norwich (1300s) once wrote that "we are in Him enclosed." By that standard, I write just as inspired by Him as those who say their stories come from Him directly. I can neither prove nor disprove their words...I can only bear witness that however it comes, for us it comes from Him.

Maybe I just need to wash more dishes.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Trying to finish writing Book 2. Does that count? :tongue

Singing incessantly to DMHO's Timeless Christmas CD. :heart: (This time last year I was in a choir touring with them. So. Much. Fun!)

Okay, we've also decorated the house inside and out, put up a roadkill tree, and I've done a bit of shopping (we're in spending lockdown, so lots of homemade gifts this year).

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Alright Lily,

You have got to tell me what a *Roadkill Tree* is?

ROFL :D

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
:) It's Mr. Lily's term. It's simply a pre-cut tree from this place down the street that we always buy our trees at. As opposed to hiking into the woods with a saw and cutting our own.