What do you do with pictures of old girlfriends or boyfriends?

What do you do with pictures of old girlfriends or boyfriends?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Bin them.

As soon as something is over, I get rid of everything to do with that person. No point living in the past.

And yes, yes, I know. Some people will say "Ah but they meant something to you once."

Once. Not any more, otherwise you'd still be together.

I despise clutter, of both the physical and emotional kind.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
Usually those pictures didn't survive the first post-breakup voodoo ceremony. I was too busy burning them or shoving them into dolls along with hair and fingernail clippings.

:scared:

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
None of the above. I generally just toss them in the garbage.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing. I only have pictures of one ex, and he wasn't a bad guy, we just drifted apart, no muss, no fuss, no fighting, just meh.

The pics are around here somewhere.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Dang. What kind of pictures did YOU take? :D

Guess
Aroused.gif

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I toss the print ones and delete any digital ones. Many will say, 'but you may remain friends.' Yet, it's never happened for me.

I did burn some too. Anything personal... pictures, papers etc... I will shred before tossing. People have been known to pick through garbage in the city.

Last edited:
Reaction score
One of my exes bugged me for nearly a year with his "We can be friends," nonsense, and accused me of not being over him when I said no.

The answer's simple - I was over him, which is why I didn't need him in my life.

Friends? They're the people who don't hurt me. If someone's your ex, they're your ex for a reason.

I never stay in contact with any of my exes. Why the hell would I give them the honour of being in my life? My time's better spent on looking to the future and finding my next victim lover.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
Of the exes who mattered, I am still in contact with two. We're friends on Facebook, chat occasionally by phone, and live hundreds of miles from one another. I have pictures of each of them, and they're tucked away in a photo album from back in the 1990s that I'll probably never even bother getting out of storage.

The rest? Yeah, let's go with that voodoo doll suggestion :)

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still in contact with #2 and #3, but I think any pictures I might have had of them were destroyed in a flood a few years back. And, no, that's not a euphemism for some sort of voodoo ritual. I'm talking actual heavy rain, storm drains backing up, floods.

#1? :e2teeth: :rant:

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I have photo albums in storage, too :) Not a ton of pictures, but an album or two that include holidays and trips, mainly. If they are in them, they're in them. No biggie.

I had one time where I'd ripped myself and my guy apart in one photo and put the pieces in an envelope. I opened it right back up to look at it again, and he was gone. Totally, 100% missing. I never did find the pieces of him!

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
I think any pictures I might have had of them were destroyed in a flood a few years back.

I'm talking actual heavy rain, storm drains backing up, floods.

Flood, heavy rain, storm drains...I'm pretty sure that qualifies as "flush".

Eudoxia

The Undead Bookworm
Registered
Reaction score
Anything that reminds me of them (Letters, flowers, etc.), I burn them in a huge bonfire. If they e-mailed me pictures of them, I just toss them in the ol' recycle bin and erase everything about him from my mind.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Pictures? Heh. There are no pictures of old loves.

Now, that's not to say I have no pics of Ol' Boy. So if by some amazing transformation of some kind after 30+ years of marriage, we were to go our separate ways, they'd likely stay right where they are now 'cause I'm too old and tired to do the Voodoo dance anymore. I'd be realllllly surprised, though. We did it 'til death us do part, y'ken? 'Cause there ain't no other way outta this situation for either of us.

Reaction score
Pictures? Heh. There are no pictures of old loves.

Now, that's not to say I have no pics of Ol' Boy. So if by some amazing transformation of some kind after 30+ years of marriage, we were to go our separate ways, they'd likely stay right where they are now 'cause I'm too old and tired to do the Voodoo dance anymore. I'd be realllllly surprised, though. We did it 'til death us do part, y'ken? 'Cause there ain't no other way outta this situation for either of us.
Explain why this photo was found on your computer, Ol' Bag:
GerardButler102.jpg

Oh come on. Like you didn't know I was gonna do that.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I had one time where I'd ripped myself and my guy apart in one photo and put the pieces in an envelope. I opened it right back up to look at it again, and he was gone. Totally, 100% missing. I never did find the pieces of him!

... kinda creepy :-O

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
There is thing dealing with chicken blood, black candles and... nevermind.