The Walking Dead - AMC

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
New episode in less than 30 minutes. Am I the only one who wonders why the walkers do not have bodily processes (urinating, belching, other)? In theory, they should be producing these byproducts. Food goes in, but where does it go? Wouldn't belching occur?

Last edited:

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Season 9 preview show is on tonight.

Channel: AMC (American TV network).
Time: 7PM MST (check local listings).

(8/5) Khary Payton, Tom Payne and Angela Kang discuss the upcoming ninth season of "The Walking Dead"; hosted by Yvette Nicole Brown.

The Walking Dead, season 9, does not begin till Oct 7. Regardless, the premiere might be fun to watch. I am sure they are doing it to advertise next week's (8/12) Fear the Walking Dead new episode, season 4 episode nine.

(8/12) "Morgan tries to help Alicia and the fractured group of survivors as a storm brews."

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
No one requested I post Oct., American TV shows. I thought I'd post that the new season of The Walking Dead starts Sunday, Oct. 7 on AMC. The final episodes of Rick Grimes!

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone still watching this show?

echo...echo...echo...

If you're not caught up, there be spoilers below...

What do you think of the brave new world of the Sanctuary, Alexandria, Hilltop, and Oceanside? I get confused about where each of these places is, which place the characters are in at any given time, and who belongs where. I liked it better when the core group resided in a single place. This is just confusing.

What do you think of Maggie's leadership so far? I don't get why she didn't kill Gregory with own knife when she found out he'd been trying to kill her. Isn't that vastly more satisfying (for her and us) and less politically problematic than a public hanging? Also, I don't get how the Hilltop is suddenly "her people," versus those who live at Alexandria (where she used to live and where Judith is) or any of the other locations. Sharing food among all of them should be part of this new culture. I get that the Sanctuary still has a lot of Negan's people and she doesn't like or trust them, but the implication seemed to be she wouldn't share with anyone outside Hilltop without making a trade.

Rick's new look? Better.

Daryl's old look? Yuck. I was hoping he'd get a makeover that involved a shave and haircut, or at least a bath. He looks like he smells disgusting. Also, Daryl said more in the first half-hour of the first episode of this season that he did all last season. But if they're grooming him to take over for Rick when they kill him off, they'll finally lose me as a fan. There was a time when I loved Daryl but that time has long passed.

Carol looks cute, and I love her new romantic relationship. So smoochie.

Anyone else have thoughts on the first couple of eps?

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
SPOILERS

The factory where the Saviors (minus Negan) is an important element. Rick employs these guys to help build the bridge. They were socialized under different realities than the other people. So far, Rick has very little (if any) control/leadership of these people. Negan made himself an indispensable cog. Rick (as a universal part) does not fit as a replacement.

When the Scavengers were murdered, Anne/Jadis left the Junkyard. In the last episode, we see she turned up in one of the encampments and befriended Father Gabriel. Love is in the air?

Daryl likes Hilltop (not where Rick wants him to be). These two have a building conflict, as well as Rick and his lack of control of the Saviors.

Rick is trying to be a charitable organization (to help rebuild a bridge) and not the U.N. Diplomacy is trashed for the greater good of his projects. Rick sounds like Trump in season nine.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
not sure how i feel about Jadis and Gabriel...LOL
Maggie is a great leader. though...why they have her looking like Carl?
was surprised to see Judith having REAL "lengthy dialogue. she can talk! LOL
Rick's "Dear Diary" moments with Negan...interesting.
i think Ezekial is rushing a wedding with Carol.
Carol...still waiting for her inner hulk to come out swinging. (Terminus/Wolves Carol)

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I guess there's not much discussion going on now about WD. Tonight is Rick's last episode according to the promotions. Since he is my favorite character I'm not too sure I'll still watch once he's gone. Personally, since Andrew Lincoln is the star of the show, I feel the show should just end if he's no longer in it. It's been on for 9 seasons and I think they've done just about all they can do. I think this episode should end with him waking up from his coma and realizing the whole thing was a bad dream. Show over.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
i'm prolly still gonna watch. curious to how things will be without rick. Judith is the boss now...LOL

Laurasaurus

Registered
Reaction score
I absolutely fucking loved that episode.
I'll miss Rick, but the way he left was literally the best thing that could have happened (for me).
So sad for Daryl though. :(

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
**Spoilers**

Okay, but how does no one else notice a bloody great big loud helicopter flying around in an otherwise empty and silent sky?

I was expecting "Rick's last episode" to mean he'd die. But he didn't. So I guess that means he might be back, if Andy's solo career doesn't work out? I was kind of disappointed in that episode, but the next one looks grand, set some 7 or 8 years later. I'm definitely intrigued by the teaser trailer for that!

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Season 9, Episode 5 was my last episode. I watched them all starting from S1E1.

Spoilers

Judith, 9 years after Rick was helicoptered out, is where the next episode will pick up. The creator of the series killed Rick Grimes off seasons ago (in the comic strip version of the series). The TV series mostly follows the comic, but AMC wanted Rick to stay on (because of his popularity). The network knows they will lose a percentage of viewers with Andrew Lincoln leaving the series. I am one of them.

They teased the next 3 episodes at the end of Rick's final episode (to keep users interested). It seems like they are trying to jump the shark more than ever (i.e. make it more and more extreme). I don't like stuff like this, for the most part. This is where I leave.

I'm glad they brought back Shane one more time, and the actor who played Hershel one more time (after his real-life passing).

Rick never made good on his promise of killing Negan. Maggie had the chance, but didn't bother. Chance wasted. I foresee Negan escaping. She will be in self-doubt for a long time from it.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone still watching? We struggled through the second half of the season, but I think we may be done. I was really hoping that the season finale would give us something, but it didn't. It fell way flat.

Honestly, I don't even remember how it ended. Just that there was a finale. Interest is gone. There are way too many emotional, long, drawn out moments. There are entirely too many commercials.

And there are too many other good shows to watch.

Laurasaurus

Registered
Reaction score
It ended with Daryl having the cutest snowball fight with some kids.
That's the main takeaway I had anyway.

They've got rid of most of my favourite characters. And they've made Negan nice. But to be honest, I still love it.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I will probably still watch it next season. Maybe. I mean...how many more seasons could they possibly go?

There's just better TV out there, IMO.