The Walking Dead - AMC

Morri

Registered
Reaction score
I lost my post, so I'll just say that I was not happy with the mid-season finale. I've been a loyal viewer since season 1, but I think I'm done with it now.

Will Collins

Will Collins
Registered
Reaction score
Terrible season so far, just like the last. Glen's death signalled a turning point in quality IMO. Hopefully they can turn it around and speed the plots up.

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
I had a dream recently where I had to protect Facebook God at the supermarket. I was shadowing him all the time because he doesn't like having protection detail while out and about. When I realized who was out to get him, and who would be my enemy, my heart sank: it was my lover, Negan.

I keep having romantic dreams about that vile twat :Shrug:

Also, how dare they kill off that sweet, good, loyal cat, Shiva. Rest in peace, Ms Good Cat, m'am.

Laurasaurus

Registered
Reaction score
He is pretty hot, to be fair.
I keep reading Negan/Jesus fanfic where he's a lovely caring boyfriend, so it's really interfered with my view of Negan as an evil piece of shit.

Which actually has improved my viewing pleasure of the show. If I still hated Negan as much as I did in the beginning it would be hard to watch.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
i'm just waiting for Negan to lean so far back he could never get upright again. LOL

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Feb 25 start date. It's been a while. There is a lot of drama in play. Not sure how I feel about Carl still; i.e. how we saw him last.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
there's articles going around from something said during Walker Stalker con that carl may not die. i'm still gonna watch the show either way, but if this is another Glenn dumpster deal....then i'm just gonna be mad.

Laurasaurus

Registered
Reaction score
Why do you want him to be dead so much? ;) So mean...

I think he will die, personally. I really hope they don't kill off any more of the core cast for a LONG time, though. There are only about 4 left. If any more go it may as well be a completely different show. Like Fear The Walking Dead. And there's a reason I don't watch that.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
i don't WANT him to. sheesh! but this teasing of is he or isn't he is just....too much. if they ARE gonna kill him, just do it. rip the band aid off us QUICKLY. that's what i meant.

i mean, they already did this with Glenn and the dumpster....with Abe (and Glenn) and Lucille...and now this??????

Laurasaurus

Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty convinced this'll be his last episode. But I agree I don't love them dragging it out. It's gonna be a super painful one to watch I think!

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
there's articles going around from something said during Walker Stalker con that carl may not die.

The actor's going to Auburn next year, so I think he'll either have to die or at least be left behind to rejoin the group at a much later date. The only way around it would be to quickly film some future scenes with him in them, but they might not match up with the full episodes filmed later.

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Auburn University; good school. Well done, Chandler Riggs!

Thanks for sharing, Cyia.

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, Tomorrow's the season continuer. Episode 9, season 8. Apparently, with commercials, 83 minutes long. Info on the episode.... "(2/25) Rick faces new difficulties after a battle; the fight continues in other communities as core members face hard decisions."

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Are we excited? I don't usually have time to watch the show until much later, and I hate the Negan storyline with the passion of a thousand burning suns, but ... I dunno. I'm still hopeful that we'll get through this and on to something decent again?

VileZero

This is not for you
Registered
Reaction score
Are we excited? I don't usually have time to watch the show until much later, and I hate the Negan storyline with the passion of a thousand burning suns, but ... I dunno. I'm still hopeful that we'll get through this and on to something decent again?

They are billing the back half of this season as the end of the war with Negan, FWIW.

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Start time in 5 minutes. They announced on TV, Talking Dead, of Negan's long-term persona. Evolution of series is most important, regardless of what happens short term.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Just waking up, and already started/lost an argument with my GF about this episode. SO, I will be keeping my delightfully bitter and excoriating comments to myself. :D

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
The Talking Dead episode, after, was rough to watch (the In Memoriam bit with Carl). I think they did a good by Chandler (The Talking Dead).

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
what a waste of an episode. in Carl's vision future... he wants Judith to call Negan... Uncle Negan? (no they didn't actually say that, but the whole scene reeked of it)

carl should have confessed to his dad, "Sorry i never stayed in the house."

Savage Morgan, though. RIP Carl Poppa!

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
I was tired when I watched it. I could be wrong. I think Carl's interpretation (Rick with the longer, grayer beard and Judith running around in the house) was not that of Negan as caregiver of Judith. Maybe that was Rick's vision; one he formulated from: a) his thinking of his son's vision; and b) his refocused rage on Negan of what he does not want to happen (and why he must survive). Judith is his last child. This might be the writers' ways of saying Rick's in this till the end (and is refocused on ending Negan). He showed doubt while in the tunnel with Carl. The last bit, with the vision of Negan, is the death of Rick's doubt. This makes sense, because it was let out of Negan's fate on The Talking Dead last fall.

Last edited:

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Good god what a load of preachy BS that episode was. Has any character lived so long after getting bitten? I wanted him gone at the 30 minute mark

Ugh, the parallel Kuhrl sermon and Morgan "SEE THE LIGHT, MORGAN!" ghaohg;oahfewananvgahur0q973[ehfnlsdmht *pulls hair out*

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good god what a load of preachy BS that episode was. Has any character lived so long after getting bitten? I wanted him gone at the 30 minute mark

Ugh, the parallel Kuhrl sermon and Morgan "SEE THE LIGHT, MORGAN!" ghaohg;oahfewananvgahur0q973[ehfnlsdmht *pulls hair out*

I said something similar to my family. First I questioned whether or not any other character lived that long after being bitten. Most of them seem to die fairly quickly. My daughter mentioned that Deanna (spelling?), the leader of Alexandria, seemed to hang on pretty long. And Jim, from season one, lasted a while. Maybe it depends on where on their body they're bitten or how they die? (Such as if they die from other causes like Sasha swallowing that pill. Don't know, just speculating.)

But I also thought they could have had Carl speak to Michonne and Rick for just a bit, then have him die. I think they dragged it on too long. Maybe less is better.