Any Good Horror Novels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eudoxia

The Undead Bookworm
Registered
Reaction score
This Halloween I've decided to not watch a marathon of horror movies, but instead sit down with a really good horror novel. Unfortunately, I don't really own any horror novels and I don't know where to begin to look for a good one. Any tips on some good horror novels out there?

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently in mortal terror of the horror novel I'm reading, Chuck Hogan and Guillermo del Toro's THE STRAIN. I'm too afraid to go to sleep.

quicklime

all out of fucks to give
Banned
Reaction score
The October Country by Ray Bradbury is horror-lite, but beautiful work.

Bag of Bones is a haunting, gothic ghost story.

I am Legend is a classic for very good reason.

A Lower Deep by Tom Piccirilli is one of my favorites, but more dark fantasy than horror.

Since it is Halloween alreadt, you can find The October Game by Ray Bradbury online--20 pages or less, a nice little short that takes very little time and proves less can really be more, much more, in terms of shock and twist.

Feidb

Been Here A While
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fredrayworth.com
I just read one by a newbie author called Fragment. Great icky bug.

Steve Alten just wrote another one called Grim Reaper. However, it is more of a thriller than horror. Plus, the preaching gets a bit heavy handed.

Outside of that...

smsarber

Coming soon to a nightmare near you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Sleep... Those little slices of Death. How I loath
This Halloween I've decided to not watch a marathon of horror movies, but instead sit down with a really good horror novel. Unfortunately, I don't really own any horror novels and I don't know where to begin to look for a good one. Any tips on some good horror novels out there?
Relentless by Dean Koontz is a really good newer one, more of a thriller, but for a writer VERY scary. A best-selling author pisses off the wrong reviewer. He ends up on the run for his life from this reviewer, who has a seemingly endless network and infinite reach across the globe to stalk and kill his prey. AAA+ book, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.