• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader for Contemporary Romance (Short Story)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aimless Lady

Head in the Clouds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maggieblackbird.com
Title: The Chain

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Rating: Mature (language)

Summary: Set in 1988, Steave and Dominique have been dating for two years. Dominique is not happy with their “high school” style romance and wants a commitment from Steave, who is reluctant to take their relationship to the next level, now that they’ve graduated and are moving into adulthood. Both are 18 in the story.

What I Need Help On: My characters are very flawed. They are the former King and Queen of the Skidders, the most popular clique at school. Dominique has taken a good look at herself and her earlier motivations for dating Steave. She is not happy with what she sees and how shallow their relationship is/was.

I need a character check to make sure they are not too dislikeable. Also, I’m seeking POV, pacing, dialogue, setting, conflict, grammar and syntax.

As for the ending, I need to know if it works, or should they seal the deal in bed.

Editing: I would prefer if you highlight a glaring problem, and then use a bold font in another colour to comment. I also need to know why this is a problem.

Length: 3,262 Words.

Return the Favour: I’ll gladly crit your short story. I do lots of crits and have judged a contest.

PM me if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.