Hey Tri:

Why don't you investigate about Luna at eharlequin.com

It has been very quiet hasn't it.

Josie

Irysangel

She of Many Names
Registered
Reaction score
Did you send to Tracy Farrell or Mary Theresa Hussey? MTH used to be over Luna, but moved off of it about a year ago, I think.

I could have sworn there was a new name heading Luna, too (not Tracy) but I could be wrong.

Josie

Registered
Reaction score
Tri:

It has been my experience with Harlequin and most of the big publishers that if in doubt what is happening, you should or your agent should really phone them in New York, explain this to the person who answers the phone, and then very likely they will know who to put you through to.

I think you should do this now. The telephone is the best way to go as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps you should do it, rather than your agent.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Cheers, Josie :)

CCE

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Thanks Cathy for this list - even though I am not looking for a publisher (very content with the one I have currently), it is good to know what other publishers offer and expect. It both keeps us on our toes and helps to enforce decisions.

Thanks again for all of your hard work!

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
I was informed that the link to Avon was old. It's updated now. Please keep me updated on any other links that fail. I haven't had as much time to keep up with this since starting my new job. Thanks! :e2flowers

Reaction score
SELF-Publishing on KINDLE!

I've been making an awful lot of money selling
my books MYSELF on Amazon Kindle.

I keep a huge percentage of the money
by uploading them directly to Mobipocket.com
and Amazon Kindle Store!

These two books in particular have become
huge hits on Amazon Kindle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Thanks, estermish. Have updated links.

AND!! There's a new print pub entering the romance market, accepting direct submissions, so sharpen those queries, ladies & gents! SOURCEBOOKS is seeking several kinds of romance. Pop to the top to take a look at what they're looking for.

jensoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.athenagrayson.com
Cathy, et al, if this is the same Sourcebooks as I think, the editor Deb Werksman has recently been judging several RWA chapter contests. Maryland Romance Writers' contest has her listed as final judge for historicals (deadline June 2). Lone Star Writers has her as final judge for Fantasy/futuristic/paranormal (deadline June 6). Celtic Hearts has her as final judge for "Celtic" (deadline May 15). I do believe all these contests are open to non-RWA members as well--it may be a chance to get your stuff in front of Ms. Werksman.

Cathy, I hope you don't mind me posting this info here. I didn't see an RWA contests thread and thought the info would be useful and appropriate. If it isn't, I apologize--please feel free to move/delete/edit.

Jensoko

wannawrite

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kcwildwood.net
Cathy,

I just found this thread, and wanted to tell you 'thanks' for taking the time to compile it. It's already been very helpful. Thanks, again!

Lainey Bancroft

Cover Me!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elaineforlife.com
Hi Cathy, I linked to this thread in 'Bewares and Backgrounds' and one reader there considered the list too out dated. http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104091&page=7 Apparently By Grace and Mardi Gras are defunct and Linden Bay Romance now belongs to Samhain. He also mentioned numerous new publishers are missing. I can't begin to follow up on all of them--nor can you be expected to--but I thought I'd toss the links to my publishers that are not currently on the list.

The Wild Rose Press(accepts numerous mainstream romance genres, as well as having a seperate site 'The White Rose Press' for inspirational romance and yet another site for erotic romance, The Wilder Rose Press) http://thewildrosepress.com/publisher/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=33&Itemid=44
digital and trade paperback of books over 65 k.

Amira Press http://www.amirapress.com/shop/ Erotic, paranormal, multi-cultural. Check them out.

Siren/BookStrand Publishing http://www.bookstrand.com/index.html Accepts pretty much every romance genre and heat level going for e-publication (over 65K to print) as well as being a 'distributor' for other publishers (Harlequin, Kensington, Amira Press)

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Linden Bay got sold to Samhain? Well, I'm not surprised....My friend, who co-started LB, had a hell of a time parting ways with them and getting the money owed her. She now co-owns and runs Alinar Publishing.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Updated links and added/subtracted publishers. Feel free to let me know who I've missed. I'm sure there's a few... :eek:

Sorry to be so long doing this, but it takes a big chunk of time.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
The Tyndale link is not working and Bethany House only takes agented subs.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Fantastic list, but you left out ETERNAL PRESS, which is a fantastic publisher!

ANGEL OF WINDWORD to be released by ETERNAL PRESS - 10/07/09

e-book ETERNAL PRESS
paperback AMAZON.COM

www.maggiedove.net

Long thread on this publisher in the bewares section.