Throwing the book at Obama---literally!

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
During a rally in Philadelphia, the Secret Service didn't have the best of days.

After the president finished his speech, a book was thrown at him. Obama wasn't hit and apparently didn't notice.

article-1319448-0B8FE15E000005DC-901_306x316.jpg

Apparently, no one was arrested.

There was also a bit of low comedy during the rally.

article-1319448-0B8FD6BA000005DC-1000_634x361.jpg

Apparently, the sista wasn't exactly pleased by the streaker showing off his shortcomings. Guess he wasn't carrying any weapons. Unless he had them concealed elsewhere. Ewww.

Did the Secret Service have the day off? :Wha:

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
I imagine when someone has the bright idea to streak, at some point they think, "Yeah, I'll just run through the crowd really fast, and leave and I won't get caught." Oh the shame he must be feeling walking out in handcuffs instead of running out with laughter.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Secret Service seems a little MIA. One of them should have had a book squarely in the side of the head at that moment.

He stopped the President's death... by the book.

*badum-dish!*

Mara

Clever User Title
Registered
Reaction score
Is that a picture of the Loch Ness Monster on the cover of that book?!

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
The streaker may be getting a million bucks for his actions:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...gans-book-thrown-at-obama-naked-man-arrested/

According to the Weekly Standard, the streaker was prompted by billionaire and social media guru Alki David’s pledge to pay $1 million to the first person who streaked at an Obama rally, so long as the streaker had David’s website written on his chest.

David told the Weekly Standard he would send money – in cash, not check – after he reviews the video.
Super.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
The Secret Service says it questioned and released an overexuberant fan of President Barack Obama who had tossed a paperback book near the president at a Philadelphia rally on Sunday.
Spokesman Ed Donovan said the man had written the book and hoped the president would read it. Donovan said agents concluded the man posed no danger.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/10/book-thrown-at-obama-at-philad.html

I was thinking about suggesting this as a possibility. Of course, I was going to do it in jest. Who knew? I wonder if it's Obama's own book? It looks like the back cover based on the bar code.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Secret Service says it questioned and released an overexuberant fan of President Barack Obama who had tossed a paperback book near the president at a Philadelphia rally on Sunday.
Spokesman Ed Donovan said the man had written the book and hoped the president would read it. Donovan said agents concluded the man posed no danger.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/10/book-thrown-at-obama-at-philad.html

I was thinking about suggesting this as a possibility. Of course, I was going to do it in jest. Who knew? I wonder if it's Obama's own book? It looks like the back cover based on the bar code.

Another strike against self-publishing. :crazy:

It still doesn't let the Secret Service off the hook. If the book had hit the president, that would be somebody's ass.

Today, it's a book. Tomorrow, a brick...or worse?

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
It still doesn't let the Secret Service off the hook. If the book had hit the president, that would be somebody's ass.

Today, it's a book. Tomorrow, a brick...or worse?

True. It looks like a small book. What if it had been War & Peace or the 5th Harry Potter Book? Someone could have been killed!!

Paul

Banned
Reaction score

of getting published?

(literary agents, you see)

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
Odd. FoxNews said it was "Economics In One Easy Lesson"...

ahem

mind you, a guess the book title thread might just be fun.

my guess.

Don's Dilemma: Does freedom of expression inevitably mean no pants?

or

Don's Dilemma: Does freedom of movement inevitably mean no pants?

Last edited:

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
True. It looks like a small book. What if it had been War & Peace or the 5th Harry Potter Book? Someone could have been killed!!
Or Atlas Shrugged. He would have melted like a vampire hit with a cross. :D
Odd. FoxNews said it was "Economics In One Easy Lesson"...
Sounds like he was cribbing from Henry Hazlitt. Highly recommended book, BTW -- and it's easy to find online as a PDF. Scroll down in the Wiki article and the link is there.

Last edited: