• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Evernight Publishing / Evernight Teen

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
I see no obvious red-flags. They have alright covers, they list their staff so it's easy to google to see their experience (I didn't do that, but I'd suggest those interested should), 40% gross from website sales is good, 40% net from other sales is the low end of the industry. But certainly nothing red-flagish. They seem like they're staying focused on a narrow genre, so that's good, too.

I don't like that their "Call for submissions" is on their first page, but really, that's not a big deal given that they're new and need content. I just look to see if the home page is set up for readers rather than authors.

Overall, they've set themselves up, at least on the outside, in a far better position than most of the epubs out there. Sales are what matters, though, so it might be worth contacting some of their authors and inquiring to that regard.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site's registered to author Stacey Espino, who I'll wager is a.k.a. publisher Stacey Adderley. I'm not finding any immediate overlap between other staff and authors. Most of the latter are also published to varying degrees with other epubs.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Given the use of pen names the overlap is not always immediately apparent. In the past presses have turned out to have far fewer separate, independent authors than their lengthy author list might suggest. Not saying this is the case here, but it happens. These overlaps are what blurs the line between small press and author co-op.

In this case about half of them are published with other epresses, in one case another start up (Wild Horse), in another a fairly major epublisher (Siren). Most of them have their own website. Two seem to be new authors or new pen names, one has some short fiction published.

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. Expand to "preliminary Googling finds no immediate evidence the rest of the staff uses pen names, or are in in fact pen names themselves". The obvious exception being Dara England, who is public with her other name.

EnnaEnoch

Newbie Author
Registered
Reaction score
Evernight Publishing?

I noticed a new epublisher has popped up called Evernight Publishing.

http://www.evernightpublishing.com/

Their covers are lovely, although their prices seem high. And, I haven't seen their books really reviewed anywhere.

Has anyone published with them? Is their contract and royalties comparable to other epublishers?

RosalieStanton

Heathen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rosaliestanton.com
I had the same question, and therefore did some mild research myself. There are some mixed reviews at HEA: http://hea-reviews.blogspot.com/. Overall, the reviewers have seem pleased, though one or two have found stories they didn't like.

I bought one Evernight book after reading a good review and wasn't all that pleased, but you can't judge a pub on the merits of one book. They're also pretty new, though. The safe thing, I think, would be to wait it out a bit and see what happens in a year or so.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
It's been a good experience so far. I took a chance with it being a new e pub. But I'm glad I did.

Last edited:

johnnysannie

Banned
Reaction score
Website
leeannsontheimermurphywriterauthor.blogspot.com
Since my novel Wolfe's Lady debuted from Evernight earlier this week, I thought I would chime in and add a few thoughts -

in my dealings, the publishers have been nothing but upfront and professional. My book is available in the Amazon Kindle store, on Smashwords, All Romance, and a half dozen other sites. The price - $3.99 - seems reasonable enough to me.

Their books are reviewed on many sites. Since my novel was about to debut, I've been following them and have seen many reviews. My book was sent out to a number of review sites but since it's just been two days (and during the holidays) I haven't had any reviews yet but expect some in the near future.

DesertRose

Registered
Reaction score
Another author chiming in about Evernight Publishing. The experience has been wonderful so far. I was a bit hesitant at first, but from the on start I realized this was a top notch publisher I was dealing with and plan to submit most of my work to them from now on.

ETA: For anyone wondering about the validity of EP. I just wanted to add that two weeks from my release date for Tempting Mr. Parker, I became eligible for RWA PAN status. Not saying this is the norm, but it happened for me.

Last edited:

Mardigras

Absolute Blight
Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I have a novel with this publisher and the sales have been piddling to non-existent.

OH~Alex

Registered
Reaction score
I have a few titles with them and have done well. Always professional, good communication, and great covers.

nitaworm

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I've browsed and purchased some of their novels. They are legit. Just because your book is with a publisher doesn't mean it will sell. What are you doing to help promote sales?

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Generally my data suggests that just because your book is with an epublisher does typically mean it will sell at a rate typical for that epublisher--especially for romance.

Promotion always helps, but it is more effective if the epublisher has a reasonable 'base' sales rate.

Renee Silvana

Registered
Reaction score
My debut novel came out with Evernight. While sales haven't been spectacular (I'm the new kid on the block writing for an over-saturated market, I expected that), I have been very pleased with the professionalism of the publisher. My novella came out on Kindle and other distributors almost immediately after it went live on the publisher's website. Communication with Stacey and my editor has always been quick. My first royalty statement came in promptly at the end of my first quarter. And the cover was, in my opinion, awesome.

Several of the authors have been doing phenomenally well, so Evernight definitely takes care of her writers!

AngelaA

Are we there yet?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.angelaaddams.com
I'm with Evernight as well, and I agree, excellent pub to deal with --very author friendly :)

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
My sales have varied. My MM titles have done really well.

My historical(MF) with them did well while the other one which was sweet romance(MF) didn't. They no longer take sweet romance.

Some of their authors are selling in the thousands.

The staff are easy to deal with and payments have been on time. I've no issues with them.

Last edited: