Paradise Lost as film?

K.C. Robertson

Sitting underneath my laptop
Registered
Reaction score
most likely either a coffeehouse or my office
Website
procrastinationpartyofone.wordpress.com
As according to an AV Club article (linked here) and a Variety article (linked here), Hollywood has decided the time is right for a Paradise Lost film. According to the articles, they're doing it as a heavy action film, quite possibly in 3-D.

I can't decide if I think this is a terrifying idea or a fantastic one. On one hand, they'll never begin to scratch the surface of the philosophy, and any reading they do of the poem probably won't hold water. On the other, angels throw mountains on each other. And that would really cool to watch.

Beyond that, I'm assuming on the basis of nothing but what seems reasonable to myself that Satan will probably be the hero.

Thoughts? I'm busting a gut to talk about this with people.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If it's well done it could be brilliant. If it receives the Hollywood treatment it could be a disaster.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
It could be interesting since it's Legendary (Dark Knight, Inception, The Town). But they also did Clash of the Titans, so...

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote a screenplay for Paradise Lost years ago.

I set Hell in a sewer pumping station, and Eden in a small forested highway clover-leaf median thing. I'm guessing they have grander visions in Hollywood.

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote a screenplay for Paradise Lost years ago.

I set Hell in a sewer pumping station, and Eden in a small forested highway clover-leaf median thing. I'm guessing they have grander visions in Hollywood.
If grander means lots of shit blowing up, then yeah. I think we can count on that.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If grander means lots of shit blowing up, then yeah. I think we can count on that.

See, I didn't have anything blow up in my screenplay. Can you imagine how crappy it must have been? No explosions? In a war movie? :)