• Basic Writing questions is not a crit forum. All crits belong in Share Your Work

The Fiction Writer's Virtual Toolbox - 150+ links to writing craft and business resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRVogt

takin' the world by storm...one raindrop at a time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.JRVogt.com
If anyone's interested, I recently compiled many of the links and websites which I've collected and bookmarked over the years of pursuing publication. Everything from outlining a novel idea to revising a story to worldbuilding in sci-fi/fantasy settings, as well as writing query letters, formatting manuscripts and getting an agent. These links have been sorted out and are all available through the Fiction Writer's Virtual Toolbox on my site.

These links are ones I feel can be helpful to writers at any stage in their career, whether just starting out with some basic questions, or looking ten years down the road. I hope people find some good resources through this. Thanks!

Oh, and if you have any suggestions on other tools that could be added to the mix, please let me know.

Last edited:

Witch_turtle

hanging around for a spell
Registered
Reaction score
That's awesome :) Thanks for sharing!

RJK

Sheriff Bullwinkle the Poet says:
Registered
Reaction score
That's a great website you've built. Those links will be very helpful. Great job and welcome to A W.

ebennet68

Avoids editing by procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
Great collection of links. I just bookmarked it. Thanks!!

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sweet! Thanks for sharing the fruits of your research! :D

sunandshadow

Impractical Fantasy Animal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
I enjoyed the ones about novel planning and plot, especially the visual diagrams. I'd be happy to see even more on these subjects - I know I've seen other good diagrams and essays that aren't in your list yet.

DeaK

Registered
Reaction score
Wow – very cool! Thanks.

JRVogt

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.JRVogt.com
Very welcome! I'm glad it's been of some help. As a gradual extension to the Toolbox, I'm slowly fleshing out a site, Write-Strong.com, that goes into more detail about the resources and tools I've found helpful and effective in my writing adventures. Got a bit going so far, but plenty more to come.

Her Dark Star

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you that an impressive resource you've set up there. Keep us updated on how the full website is going, I think it be useful to a lot of people.

JRVogt

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.JRVogt.com
Glad this has been helpful. Eventually this is going to be attached to another side project I've got going - Write-Strong.com. It's building a bit at a time, a larger collection of resources and tools. The Fiction Writer's Virtual Toolbox is listed there at the time, but I'm planning to port over a lot of the links and such. Make it more centralized. I always welcome recommendations too!

LaceWing

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score

JRVogt

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.JRVogt.com
Key Conditions for Suspense added. Great series. And the Guide to Literary Agents is listed too. Love that blog.

K.L Hallam

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
karenleehallamwrites.blogspot.com
Thank You JR Vogt--A great compilation--i've added your blog to my desk top. I did just glance over and wondered where I might find information on a good editing/grammar check for my Mac? Or if anyone knows? I am beginning to research this, because my Mac's spell/grammar check--is embarrassingly terrible. Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.