Status
Not open for further replies.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
It just occured to my that I might do well with a 18-year old non-fiction book called Garage Sale Mania. It was the first complete guide to cover the subjects: liquidations, auctions, tag sales, yard sales, garage sales, indoor/outdoor swap meets, church sales, moving sales, estate sales, and all the others. It was designed (first half of book) for the seller, and the second half for the buyer--the complete comprehensive edition. It carried 52 of my own photos and line-art.

My question is, could I do a second edtion to this book, expand it in all chapters and even open up some new "collectible" categories, with the intention of resale? I wouldn't mind doing a big second edtion. It did well--recieved a lot of big press, earned out beyound expectations.

Would a small/medium editor be interested?

Triceratops

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
triceretops said:
It just occured to my that I might do well with a 18-year old non-fiction book called Garage Sale Mania. It was the first complete guide to cover the subjects: liquidations, auctions, tag sales, yard sales, garage sales, indoor/outdoor swap meets, church sales, moving sales, estate sales, and all the others. It was designed (first half of book) for the seller, and the second half for the buyer--the complete comprehensive edition. It carried 52 of my own photos and line-art.

My question is, could I do a second edtion to this book, expand it in all chapters and even open up some new "collectible" categories, with the intention of resale? I wouldn't mind doing a big second edtion. It did well--recieved a lot of big press, earned out beyound expectations.

Would a small/medium editor be interested?

Triceratops

I don't know anything about the subject and obviously the garage sale/yard sale/resale world has changed since the Internet and the popularity of shows like Antiques Roadshow and all of the other "trash to treasure" spinoffs it caused. I think the first step would be to see what else has been written recenty about the how-tos of garage and yard sales. You'd have to include a lot about online reselling, since it's relevant and ubiquitous these days, but I think it sounds really interesting. There are lots of small publishers who I'm sure would at least take a look at it, and probably some of the larger trade publishers who like to round out their lists. It's definitely worth exploring.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Thanks, Nomad. My gosh, I wasn't aware of the whole new dimension of internet sales that would obviously (today) tie into this subject. Excellent call. I was also considering turning it into an encyclopedia of sorts--something akin to the Kelly Blue Book of used EVERYTHING, but I think I might be asking for trouble there--too nebulous. It's hard enough trying to tag selective antiques in todays market, let alone everything used in the world.

Thanks,
Tri

Status
Not open for further replies.