Even more Revise and Resubmit woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.P.M.

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, this is about a completely separate ms-this time sent to an agency.

A few months back I was given a rejection notice from an agent's assistant, with extensive revision suggestions. Very helpful. She told me that if I chose to resubmit, just to remind her of it.

I zapped her a quick email just now asking if she would be interested in reading through the ms again-and she's gone. The agent has a new assistant.

Do I try to find the original assistant? Do I email the new one with a "hey I was invited to resubmit by -previous assistant- with email documentation of it all? I'm a bit confused...

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
I'd e-mail the agent directly.

cate townsend

Registered
Reaction score
I agree with Ikp - and you might also try and find out what happened to the assistant. Maybe she became an agent herself. Then, you could submit to her as well.

A.P.M.

Registered
Reaction score
So in the end, I contacted the previous assistant, who told me to email the new assistant with the old information. I did, and she asked to see the query-when I sent that, I got a form rejection.

God, sometimes all this just makes me so angry! But at least the first agent's revision suggestions were helpful.

Last edited:

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
sorry to hear that a.p.m. :(

De Lady

Registered
Reaction score
Happens...

Same thing happened to me. Had to look it at like you have, the ms was better for the revisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.