A Story A Week weekly prompts only

Toimu

Hallo!
Registered
Reaction score
Just wondering is this not running anymore?

It was running strong in 2005, and some in 2006. A few people tried to bring it back in 2008, and one person tried to in 2010. But I guess you found out because I'm the first person to respond and you posted 10 months ago.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Porting a scenario over from another thread for everyone to play with:

Create three different short stories of under 1,000 words using the same people, under the following scenario: You're a teenage girl in high school and went to a party last night. Your mother is asking you about what happened the next morning. You also need permission, in the same conversation, to go out with the same group of friends the following weekend.

In the first conversation, you're excited to tell her about the party because the guy you've been gushing about for the past week actually talked to you!

In the second conversation, the guy you've been gushing about ...but only to your closest friends, is a college guy your parents would freak out about if they knew about, because he's a senior, and he offered you a hit off a joint.

In the third conversation, you're the mother, and your daughter has been secretive lately (because of her crushing on the college guy, but you don't know that.) You want to find out if there were drugs or alcohol at the party, but have no clue about the college boy until your daughter slips up during your questioning about drugs.

Good luck!

Last edited:

JoeBrat

JoeBrat
Registered
Reaction score
Are there any other good short story threads on here?

Ashmash467

Registered
Reaction score
Write a story about two strangers trapped underground in a subway that lost electricity. Tell why it happened. How they got out. And what their bond becomes because of it. Have the story end in two ways, happy, and horribly tragic. And go!