HOW MANY PEOPLE DIE EACH DAY

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how many people die every day in Vancouver BC (Canada). Not just unnatural deaths, all of em.

Maybe you guys know a website that gives this information? Or, perhaps you work in the reapers office and know the answer off the top of your head?

cheers

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how many people die every day in Vancouver BC (Canada). Not just unnatural deaths, all of em.

Maybe you guys know a website that gives this information? Or, perhaps you work in the reapers office and know the answer off the top of your head?

cheers

If you want a rough figure, take the population and divide it by the life expectancy in days. For Canada, this would be about 30,000 days. So in the city of Vancouver, there would be 20 deaths/day, and in the metro area, 70. If the population were rapidly expanding, as in some third world countries, it would be less than this.

Last edited:

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
HOW MANY PEOPLE DIE EACH DAY?

:evil....I'm going out on a limb here. (Someone had to say this.) But, all of them that die................... :D (A rim shot....!)

PeterL

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
The world mortality rate they give is 8.6/1000 people, which is obviously based on a very young population. This would give 14 deaths/day for a city the size of Vancouver, but Vancouver's population is older, and so the deaths/day will be greater.

The 8.6 rate appears to be the generally accepted rate for the world. I didn't search for Vancouver in particular, but the death rate for Canada for 2009 was 7.74. And rates for Vancouver are Life Expectancy
  • National average (2005): F 83.6 years M 76.7 years
  • Metro Vancouver (2006): F 84.0 years M 79.5 years
  • Birth Rate: 10.84/1000
  • Death rate: 7.73/1000
That means that 4509 deaths in Vancouver or 16480 deaths in Metro Vancouver.

http://sustainablecities.net/plusnetwork/plus-cities/vancouver-canada

Last edited:

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Thanks guys, that's great! Exactly what I needed. I really appreciate you all taking the time to add the links, too!

Cheers