• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Wanted: Critique/Writing Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachel Belrose

Registered
Reaction score
The Mountain State (West Virignia, not Colorado)
Hi, all! I'm looking for a critique or writing partner.

I'm currently unpublished; I'm so far away from being published that it's silly. The goal is to reach that point, though. Querying, submitting, etc. I've got to finish a novel first, right?​

I have two WIPs at around 50 and 60k respectively. One is YA paranormal, and the other is either chick lit (or is it Women's Fiction now?) or Fiction with Romantic Elements. I do not know, lol.​

I do not require one partner for each novel, but if a single individual feels they can handle the task, then terrific! But two different partners would be fine. I do switch between each novel, depending on where my muse is flittering off to.​

Out of a critique partner I'm looking for constructive criticism. Sugar-coating isn't necessary, but douche-baggery is a no-no. Line-by-line critique isn't required, but I don't think "this is good" or" this needs work" will suffice. I need details, please. Tell me what (you think) works and what doesn't. What do you like about what you read? What did you hate (why?)? Help me fill in plot holes. Let me bounce ideas off of you. Threaten me with bodily harm to sit down and write (especially considering I'm hoping to complete my YA WIP and submit it to a contest by the end of December. Yikes).​

I, of course, will return the favor. I'm never harsh, but I am honest. I'm quick with the turn-around; one or two days tops, unless I'm uber-busy but in that event I'll let you know. I'm a recovering English major, so I'm pretty decent with grammar and spelling, but I also believe in creative license. So if you think that comma splice adds a little pizazz to that sentence, then you're not going to hear a peep outta me.​

However, I'm afraid I won't be much help with anything even remotely erotic. I don't mind a few steamy scenes, but anything too explicit will probably make my head explode. Fantasy and historicals aren't my thing. I'm a pretty contemporary kind of girl.​

With all that said, I'm looking forward to hopefully working with someone(s). I'd even be interested in joining a critique group if there's an opening available!​

Please feel free to PM me or respond here.​

I thank you kindly. ;)

I'm good now, thanks!

Last edited:

Icedevimon

Queen of Darkness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.palaceofroleplay.sp-website.net
Hey, Rachel.

I'm interested if we can have a casual relationship! ;)

I'm starting up school soon, and I've got really long days on Mondays and Wednesdays. I probably wouldn't be able to do anything at all those days, or Tuesday, as that's going to be a major home work cram day, but otherwise I should be able to help critique between papers. Maybe a few chapters at a time would work out or something, heh.

I mostly write YA as well, though my novels tend to focus on homosexual themes. If that bothers you, I won't ask you to critique my work. Don't worries, it's not erotica or anything. There's some mild sexual situations, but never anything explicit.

I'm also an English major! Not quite done yet though... lol. I'm a senior this semester :)

Shoot me a PM for my email or MSN.

emmenthal

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Rachel, I'd be interested in being a beta/writing partner for either. I'm about 25,000 words into a romantic urban fantasy. It would be good to have someone to bounce ideas about with. Let me know if you're interested.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there...I am currently working on YA Journal fiction--I can tell you more once we've talked. I need someone to keep me going, that sort of thing....If interested, PM me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.