AW is an Amazon Affiliate

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

paypal subscribe button

How To Support AW

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: -- Gay black men are low-down thugs without women

Threaded View

That cheeky buggerer Maxinquaye's Avatar

-- Gay black men are low-down thugs without women

This post made me sad. It's written by a lesbian over a cute photo of two black men on a public transport.

http://sandrarose.com/2010/08/thug-l...gs-on-a-train/

It’s become nearly impossible to distinguish heterosexual men from down low thugs due to the proliferation of female-led households in the black community.

As more and more black women switch roles and responsibilities with men, more and more fatherless men are turning to other men for the strength and guidance they are missing in their lives.

Meanwhile, African Americans account for the highest rate of new HIV/AIDS cases.
    I removed the photo that was here. Paul (below) has a point. Though, in my defence - that photo is all over the net by now. I found it on a big gay news site, that linked to a comment about the post I commented. Anyway, I removed it.
    I know it's just one person writing this, and I don't want to imply that it's a common view, but I see this kind of views sometimes in the segregated world that is QLTBAG; whether it's about gay men, transsexuals, lesbians, bisexuals...

I think it's a really cute picture. I'm happy they are confident enough to dare to slow that kind of closeness in public. I wish more did, and that they wouldn't meet ridicule from their own.
    Last edited by Maxinquaye; 08-17-2010 at 04:05 AM.
    ----
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian Barnes
    "Yes, of course we were pretentious — what else is youth for?"
    ----
    My youtube thing:
    Max's Creative Youtube thing