Isaac Bonewits RIP

Ruv Draba

Banned
Reaction score
I don't normally read this forum, so I'm posting late. Bonewits was a very talented eccentric whose studies of magic may have helped as many non-pagan fantasy authors as pagans. Losing the rare voices impoverishes us.

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
I knew him from a number of Pagan get-togethers as well as through his St. Paul, MN family. He was such a nice man and a very clear and interesting writer. He managed to write about Paganism in a clear manner, which is harder than you'd think.

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
I don't normally read this forum, so I'm posting late. Bonewits was a very talented eccentric whose studies of magic may have helped as many non-pagan fantasy authors as pagans. Losing the rare voices impoverishes us.
I missed this. What a shame.

I purchased a copy of Real Magic when it first came out in the early seventies, and found it entertaining and thought provoking. He must have been an interesting guy, to say the least.

I kept it as a reference and used it many years later when I started writing urban fantasy novels with magic in them.

Deleted member 42

Isaac was very bright and very eccentric and deeply committed to making the world a better, safer place for all.

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
I went to a weekend Wicca gathering he also attended. I remember he said the funniest thing. It was in the middle of summer and he was with his girlfriend at the time, but I was complaining about the heat and he agreed and said, "You know it's too hot when it's too hot to cuddle!" We all laughed and agreed and went swimming.