The Wardrobe

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
This summer my grand daughters and the two neighbor boys tried to jam back into the tree house in my back yard. They played in it until they became too "cool" and then, on a whim, they decided to play there again. They are fifteen, fourteen, eleven and twelve. They didn't fit anymore. In fact they were stuck. They were hollering so loudly that I came out on the porch to see what was up. All I could see were giant feet and elbows sticking out the windows. I admit, it tugged at my heart. You really can't go back again.

Well, they can't. But I am repainting and re-roofing it for my newest grandson and his two year old cousin, buying new lunch boxes, flashlights, bug nets, sleeping bags. Looking up new cookie and sandwich ideas. So I guess I can go back again. --s6

Last edited:

BethParker

Registered
Reaction score
I found a portal when I was a kid. OK, not really a portal. It was a secret room. We were staying with my grandparents in a big old farmhouse with a hip roof and a whole lot of bedrooms. I went exploring in the closet of the room I shared with my brother and found a small door. Naturally, I crawled through it. I stood up inside and as I started feeling around, my hand brushed against a string hanging from the ceiling. I pulled it, and the light came on! It still worked! My brother and I and a few of our cousins spent hours playing in there.

CJBatlle

Registered
Reaction score
Not quite the same, but I spent a ton of time sitting in Church. So, I would pretend their were angels and devils fighting throughout the sanctuary. Mostly, they were on the ceiling. I'm sure I looked very pious staring up at the heavens while the preacher delivered his sermon. As for straight wishing for stuff, I would have loved to be able to move things with the force. I can't.