Hindi, Tamil, Sanskrit etc.

SpiderGal

Princess of Nerds
Registered
Reaction score
Hindi is my mother tongue. Though I don't speak it a lot these days -- the Y generation mostly likes to converse in English -- I'm still quite good at it. And, of course, Hindi is still the language of choice when speaking with parents.

Need any help with learning Hindi? You know who your go-to person is.

Naren

Naren
Registered
Reaction score
Hello

I can speak, read and write in Tamil, I can also speak Telugu and I speak a little bit of Hindi too..

Last edited:

adharma

Registered
Reaction score
I can speak & write Hindi.

Other languages I either speak somewhat or grasp the essentials of if spoken to in include Gujrati, Marathi, Bengali.

I also studied Sanskrit for a year when I was very young (13). Don't remember much and the teaching in the school I studied it was horrendous.

I'm very happy to see so much love for Indian Languages here. The short story I'm writing (SYW link in sig) uses Hindi (in English script) quite a bit and I was wondering if I should switch it all over to English if I decide to publish it.

Now I'm almost convinced that I should keep the Hindi.

Nice to meet y'all.

shreyans

Registered
Reaction score
I speak Hindi, Marwadi and a bit of Marathi and Gujarati alongside English. I guess that is the advantage of being born in a country with so much diversity and that too in a melting pot like Mumbai! :)

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
I can read Classical Sanskrit, the Sanskrit of the vedas.

When I take over the world, I'm going to use the amazing stories that are embedded in the Sanskrit law texts, and scriptures, and seduce people into learning Sanskrit.

Story will encourage people to learn; you get narrative lust, and it makes you want to learn the language so you can find out What Happens Next. This would totally work with Sanskrit, which has long story cycles embedded in the myths/religious texts.

I have updated Sons of Gods, got a professional cover for it, .revised it a bit, and it is available on Amazon, see link below.

Last edited: