Gentlemen, I am happy to report

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
Hobbits (I think) are only for Tolkien, but halflings can pretty much be used anywhere right?

Or are they under the rights of D&D?

I think you can use halflings. I know hobbits are referred to as halflings in his books, and if D&D uses the term also it probably means it's not exclusive to anyone.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Where is someone claiming Robert and his SBP aren't on Writer Beware's "Thumbs Down" publisher list?

I'm confused.

-Ann C. Crispin

In CaoPaux's links.

Someone tried to warn the person on that thread that they needed to check the list and the OP there said he'd checked it and "his publisher" wasn't on it.

weightlifter316

Registered
Reaction score
That is indeed my friend Dr. Obbins at SaintsReport. It's a wasteland over there, so I figured I'd spread the news and come spitball here with some folks that are more in our intellectual weight class.

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
That is indeed my friend Dr. Obbins at SaintsReport. It's a wasteland over there, so I figured I'd spread the news and come spitball here with some folks that are more in our intellectual weight class.

Um...yeah. So, because folks on a board for a football team don't respond with the responses you wanted they're below you intellectually? Rather harsh and disgusting if you asked me. What did you expect from an NFL sports forum? Sorry a few of them started saying the same thing we said to you.

And because I felt it needs to be said, I think people in this thread are here because they simply can't believe you/your friend is dealing with a crook - not because of the book and its subject matter.

Jessianodel

Blessed by the AW Gods
Registered
Reaction score

Um...yeah. So, because folks on a board for a football team don't respond with the responses you wanted they're below you intellectually? Rather harsh and disgusting if you asked me. What did you expect from an NFL sports forum? Sorry a few of them started saying the same thing we said to you.

And because I felt it needs to be said, I think people in this thread are here because they simply can't believe you/your friend is dealing with a crook - not because of the book and its subject matter.

Pretty much. Couldn't care less about the book. I'm not Christian, and it doesn't interest me so.....yeah.

blinddoughboy

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure which is funnier . . . the post itself or the fact that so few people realize that Weightlifter is being satiric.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Some character appears out of the blue and we're supposed to know he's being satiric? Sorry - he's not the first to post stuff like this with apparent sincerity and he won't be the last.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
I'm not sure which is funnier . . . the post itself or the fact that so few people realize that Weightlifter is being satiric.

On-line you can't see expressions or hear tone of voice, so it's best to take everything at face value, as written.

And we get people exactly that clueless every day.

BTW the term isn't "being satiric." The term is "trying to stir sh*t." At which he notably failed.

Last edited:

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score

Except it's not. It's a pic of John Robinson (don't ask me how I know this) who I belive is also a member here/

C. K. Casner

is a twisted individual
Registered
Reaction score
You left out the part where the sparkly vampire catches the golden snitch, hocks it, and uses the money to buy a bridge in Madison County so his Pokemon can get back and forth across the river without getting wet.

I was born and raised in Madison County, Land of 1,000 Rednecks. No sparkly vampire would have a chance!

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
And on that note, I'm putting this thread to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.