Canajan, eh?

Elandryn

Registered
Reaction score
They spent a week in London, then they went to Scotland for the 2nd week. Loved Edinburgh - were there for the Highland Games and had a blast :) They were in London for the Trooping of the Color, apparently the Queen waved in their general direction lol

bleacher1099

Dystopian, it's what's for dinner.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
yupireadthat.com
I do say 'eh' a lot, I do speak Tragically Hip, SCTV, basketball and where I live, there's a big nickel! lol

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I actually never cared for The Tragically Hip. Their songs all sounded the same to me :S

More maple syrup I say! :D

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
I be in Burnaby, B.C., just far enough outside Vancouver that we get the commuter traffic, but have to travel to the entertainment.

aurora borealis

Registered
Reaction score
Ottawa here!

Frimble, that sounds like the worst of both worlds, especially if you need to join that traffic.

Dennis E. Taylor

Get it off! It burns!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
All the rush hour traffic from points east has to travel through Burnaby to get to Vancouver. Burnaby responds by doing construction projects on every damned surface street from the moment the slush melts.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
And then, at the end of the day, that same traffic has to travel back through Burnaby to get to whatever part of the outer 'burbs they started from.
Currently, we are tearing up a major connector, the Lougheed Highway. A couple of blocks at a time. :evil Of course, we wouldn't have to do this if the commuters weren't putting so much wear on the road surfaces.

And, I was lucky, when I was working (off on long-term-disability) I started off in Vancouver, then the company moved to Burnaby, so at least I'm only paying for one zone on Transit. (I don't drive - at least if we are stuck in traffic, I don't have to pay attention!)

But, most of the interesting stuff happens in Vancouver, which means you either stay in the city longer at the end of the day, or, you go home and have to come back.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! It feels nice to be accepted :)
What, are others not being welcoming? Bah, eastern Canadians.
Have you been here long?
If this winter was your first experience, don't let it scare you - it was, by all accounts, an anomaly - sure winters back east are 'wintery', but not usually 'blizzard, blizzard, blizzard following by flooding.

bryvin

Registered
Reaction score
What, are others not being welcoming? Bah, eastern Canadians.
Have you been here long?
If this winter was your first experience, don't let it scare you - it was, by all accounts, an anomaly - sure winters back east are 'wintery', but not usually 'blizzard, blizzard, blizzard following by flooding.

Everyone's fine actually. I just meant that it feels good to be accepted in the context of this website. To be honest, I'm not sure that too many Canadians actually clock me for being American. It's usually something that I have to reveal about myself. As for the weather, this past winter was definitely insane. I've been here for almost two years so this was my second one. What's funny is that I thought that the '17-'18 winter was pretty darn cold, but I always heard left and right that it was super mild. After the last one, I can understand why people said so.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Of course we accept you! We are cheerful, welcoming people here. :Hug2:Always room for another writer, or, in my case, dabbling booklover.
Come on in, the water's warm (and unlikely to wash away your car).:welcome:

Last edited:

Thorberta

Not a squirrel, but close.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I'm from Ottawa (seems like there's a lot of us?), though I spent the first half of my childhood in Nova Scotia and it's still 'home'. Trying to force myself back into some kind of writer community-ness. Greetings all!

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, new friend from the East! Welcome to AW, settle in and stay a while, the folks are friendly and the info is infinite!

RobinEustace

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I'm from Ottawa (seems like there's a lot of us?), though I spent the first half of my childhood in Nova Scotia and it's still 'home'. Trying to force myself back into some kind of writer community-ness. Greetings all!

Yooo, I'm from nova Scotia :D