Dragon Age 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I figure we could use a new thread for this.

They're being kind of vague about what exactly we'll be doing, and I was seriously hoping to have the same character.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
I figure we could use a new thread for this.

They're being kind of vague about what exactly we'll be doing, and I was seriously hoping to have the same character.
It'd be hard to have the same character, since the pov character could have died at the end of Dragon Age Origins, depending on which ending is cannon.

efkelley

ow
Registered
Reaction score
Haven't played the expansion. Does it use the same character as Origins?

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I hear you're going to be playing someone named Hawke. I bet this means that A) He/She will be fully voiced, a la Mass Effect.

Bummer. I kinda loved being able to choose the different origins.

Irysangel

She of Many Names
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I have to agree that I guessed they wouldn't use the same character given the way DA:O wrapped the storyline. You can die, become queen, etc. Either way ruins your adventuring career. ;)

The fact that they've already picked the last name makes me think they're going ME2 as well. Which is okay with me, as long as the storyline is just as good as DA:O.

I am ridiculously excited about this. Though I hope they don't pull one of those sh&tty "REVAN IS DEAD TOO BAD" sorts of things for the sequel, or I'm going to be seriously irritated.

Will you get to play a Grey Warden again? does anyone know?

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
You play as some poor refugee who eventually will change the world, most likely in the aftermath of the blight...or maybe in a non-fereldon country.

I'd LOVE for a game to be more globetrotting. Maybe some exploration in the remains Tivinter Imperium...or in Franceland!

Irysangel

She of Many Names
Registered
Reaction score
Probably not. Since they've already dealt with the blight in the first game, there'd be no reason to have another Grey Warden as the main character.

That makes me sad. I love the Grey Wardens. And the Blight wasn't totally eradicated - there are still pockets of resistance. *wibblewhine*

I'm still bummed the griffins the Grey Wardens used to ride back in the day are gone. We needed those in the game!

Fulk

Occasional Contributer
Registered
Reaction score
Haven't played the expansion. Does it use the same character as Origins?

Dragon Age: Awakening (the expansion) takes place -before- the final battle with the Archdemon, if I remember correctly. So yes, you can play as your original character.

My theory is that the canonical ending of Dragon Age 1 will be that either the player character or Alistair was convinced to do some babymaking with Morrigan. If I had to venture a guess, it might be the canon ending was that Alistair had sex with Morrigan--this would clear up any continuity confusion if the player had a female character.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I think it'd be easier to just start in a different kingdom. That way, no one gets pissed off cause exact details of the Fereldon situation haven't propagated out to other lands, we get new places to be, new culture, new conflicts, new everything...but it's all still in Thedas, the Dragon Agey world.

I don't know, I think that's a good idea...

Robin

What have I gotten myself into?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robinbridges.com
I'd LOVE for a game to be more globetrotting. Maybe some exploration in the remains Tivinter Imperium...or in Franceland!

YES.

"I'm still bummed the griffins the Grey Wardens used to ride back in the day are gone. We needed those in the game!"

And YES.

And Alistair needs to be back.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Cause Zevran get you off really well and Ali will make you feel fuzzy and loved.

Sten, I have pegged as being very...puritanical towards the whole sex thing. Get in, get done, get out, go home.

Robin

What have I gotten myself into?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robinbridges.com
Thank you, Zoom. Now I have to wipe Diet Coke off my monitor. :roll:

Also, Nathaniel Howe is pretty hot.

darkangel77

Head in the clouds
Registered
Reaction score
I'm really excited for this...I loved Origins!

And yes, I loved Zevran...

efkelley

ow
Registered
Reaction score
Morrigan for me. Heck, the real-life inspiration for her IS my girlfriend.

/swoon. :D

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Morrigan for me. Heck, the real-life inspiration for her IS my girlfriend.

/swoon. :D
Yes, Morrigan is pretty amazing looking. Especially in the two robes that only she can wear. :D Leliana was also pretty good looking. Though either way, you better be a good spouse to them. I hate to imagine what spells Morrigan can pull out if she got really upset at someone, and Leliana is a trained spy/assassin who knows how to not leave evidence.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
It's problematic, because while your own character may have died, if a character didn't die, then leaving their story just hanging is beyond miffing.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
It's problematic, because while your own character may have died, if a character didn't die, then leaving their story just hanging is beyond miffing.
It would be fun, but a little anti-climatic. For instance, if you're a city elf and chose to live, then you can become the Earl of the alienage. Which would probably be pretty cool, but wouldn't compare to facing off against the archdemon. Plus, everyone else, other than anyone you hooked up with, leaves.

Again, the similarities boggle the mind!
For your sake, I hape she doesn't read your posts. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.