日本語

Canislupus54

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Hey, I know this thread is kind of old, but I figured I'd ask here before making my own thread.

Basically, I've set a story in Japan, and I'm stubborn so I don't want to change it to someplace I know more about. I'd prefer to have someone fact and culture checking me. You're involvement can be as minimal as that, or as large as co-writing.

The story is basically an inverse of the popular "character is sent to a fantasy world" story. That is, a fantasy character is sent to modern Japan.

If this interests you, respond or PM me and thank you for your interest.

Last edited:

warau

Contemplating stuff..
Registered
Reaction score
I might be interested although I have severe time limitations for weeks at a time. I live in Kyushu, southern Japan so depending on where your story is set I may or may not be helpful. I know nothing about Tokyo for example. I have lived in Japan for 15 years so I do have a broad general knowledge of things Japanese and have lots of people to ask about things I am not familiar enough with to have an opinion. I do speak and write Japanese (on a computer, handwriting sucks in any language) at a decent level. I'm not sure what is required to be fluent but I own my own small business and manage most things without help although I do struggle greatly with the local dialects.

I would have no problem reading through and pointing out glaring issues. If I don't notice them only a serious student of Japan would be likely to notice anything I missed. I do read some fantasy as well as SciFi so I would be curious to see what you do with a story and character in Japan.

Good Luck! Let me know if I can help.

Canislupus54

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
So, I came up with an idea recently. Would anyone be interested in co-writing a book in Japanese? Note that this would be mostly for fun and/or practice.

Kaylarr

Registered
Reaction score
I think you would need a native speaker to write a book in Japanese. I have lived in Japan a fair while now, and even I lack the confidence to write a book in another language. Hopefully there are some native-speakers on here who could help you out.

Loke1997

Registered
Reaction score
日本語最高!来年、京都での留学をする予定だ。すごく楽しみ!

Nazuna

Registered
Reaction score
(*'-'*)ノはじめましてヽ(*'-'*)

日本に住んでいる英語の教師です。僕は御朱印を集めることが好きです。

よろしくお願い致します!

Loke1997

Registered
Reaction score
(*'-'*)ノはじめましてヽ(*'-'*)

日本に住んでいる英語の教師です。僕は御朱印を集めることが好きです。

よろしくお願い致します!

すごい!日本のどこに住んでいるのかな?

御朱印とは朱印状ってやつかな?

Last edited:

Loke1997

Registered
Reaction score
千葉県です!

My Japanese has degraded so far I'm not sure if my Keigo is correct, but, すごい!千葉県からいらっしゃった先生が日本語を教えて下さいました。そして名前は千葉先生で、なかなか面白かったです。行きたいな!

ewynne

Registered
Reaction score
はじめまして!数年前に大学で日本語をうけていて、このごろ漫画を読んだりアニメを見たりで勉強します。 分かることはあまり悪くないですけど、話すことはちょっと。。。ま、 そうきまってるんじゃないか。とにかく、よくになってようにね。どうぞよろしく。

Tocotin

deceives
Registered
Reaction score
はじめまして!数年前に大学で日本語をうけていて、このごろ漫画を読んだりアニメを見たりで勉強します。 分かることはあまり悪くないですけど、話すことはちょっと。。。ま、 そうきまってるんじゃないか。とにかく、よくになってようにね。どうぞよろしく。

日本語の YouTube を見てみてください。ユーチューバーの動画が特におすすめです。あっという間に話せるようになります!

Last edited:

ewynne

Registered
Reaction score
そうですね。Googleで調べて面白そうなユーチューバーのPDRを見つけました。見てみようと思っています。いいおすすめありがとうございます。

Last edited:

Jamegg

Registered
Reaction score
スレッドが完全に死んでいるようだが、一応投稿させてもらいます!

こちらは東京在住のイギリス人翻訳・通訳者です。日本に住んでて十何年か経っていますので、言語について、もしくは日本文化などについてご質問があればどうぞご自由に質問してください!

Looks like the thread is all but dead, but I figured I’d say hi regardless.

I’m a British native who lives in Tokyo working as a translator and interpreter. I work mainly in the game and anime industry (I’m currently working as a translator/interpreter on the production of a second series for Netflix while translating games on the side), but I’ve got a pretty rounded understanding of the language and culture.

I realize there might not be anyone about now to chat with, but if anyone wants to chat or has any question about the language or culture, I’ll try and respond as best I can!

Last edited:

PostHuman

Registered
Reaction score
スレッドが完全に死んでいるようだが、一応投稿させてもらいます!

こちらは東京在住のイギリス人翻訳・通訳者です。日本に住んでて十何年か経っていますので、言語について、もしくは日本文化などについてご質問があればどうぞご自由に質問してください!

Looks like the thread is all but dead, but I figured I’d say hi regardless.

I’m a British native who lives in Tokyo working as a translator and interpreter. I work mainly in the game and anime industry (I’m currently working as a translator/interpreter on the production of a second series for Netflix while translating games on the side), but I’ve got a pretty rounded understanding of the language and culture.

I realize there might not be anyone about now to chat with, but if anyone wants to chat or has any question about the language or culture, I’ll try and respond as best I can!

ようこそjameggさん!

へーー、こんな国際言語ところなんてあるのが知らなかったです。大学時代に一年間ぐらい留学するために関西のホストファミリーと一緒にすんでいました。日本語だいぶ忘れたけどな、残念ですね。