JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
MOLLY IS OK!!!!

I don't think she'll mind if I share this e-mail:

HI, thanks for caring. We had houses on our street completely wiped out but very little damage to ours. The yard is a different story. There are trees stacked 10 feet high. NO power, everything is down. Ted hooked up the generator to the computer for a few minutes. We had a tornado in addition to the hurricane. We were blessed that the swriling winds blew the trees (giant oaks and pines) away from the house and in front, they all went across the yard in a different direction. I have pictures that I will post whenever we get power again. In the back, the trees fell in a different direction, again away from the house.

t 40 trucks from Alabama and Georgia out here working today so things are looking up. I only have one tree on the roof, master bedroom. OUr fence and all that kind of stuff is gone with the wind or covered with trees.

And, of course, I had a new roof put on BEFORE the hurricane hit.
Will be back in touch asap. Probably not for a few days anyway. They said power may be back on by Sunday. But they said that last week too.

We are fine. (mentally, I'm a wreck) but otherwise okay. I can't find all my friends. The towers are down so cell phones aren't even working. Im in the dark and have tons of e mails to answer. Talk later.

Thanks, Molly

-
Now to find Elisa! :)

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Jenna, that is wonderful news. I'm so relieved.

Now, what information do we have on Elisa? What has she mentioned in passing that might help us track her down?

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Wonderful! I had done web searches on both Molly and Elisa yesterday but didn't turn up anything new. So glad you heard from Molly, Jenna!

Elisa, we're still looking for you and hoping you and yours are safe.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Alphabet was able to glean some information from Elisa's LiveJournal that she PM'd to me. I was able to use that information to come up with a possible phone number. Tried calling it. The number is working, but there is no answer. I let it ring until the phone company decided I was too dumb to not realize no one was answering and cut me off.

Thanks for the assistance, Alphabet.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Well, that's a great step. Thanks, Alphabet and Birol!

Got this from Molly after I told her that many of us had been searching for her and were so relieved to hear she was OK:

And Thank God for people like you and all my author friends.

Please thank everybody. We may have power by tomorrow. I was so angry after the insurance adjustor came today but that is another story that I will tell when we get power restored. I have some pictures I will post for you also. After your e mail, I actually started crying. I got a call today from someone asking if I needed money to help me get through this. I said no I didn't need the money but I sure did need the call. Just knowing everybody cares has meant so much to mE

GUESS WHAT THE POWER JUST CAME ON. WE HAVE A/C AND i CAN GET OFF THIS GENERATOR. wILL BE ON LATER WITH THE PICTURES AND STORY ETC.

tHANKS AGAIN,

MOLLY

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
I have pics to post from Molly in a bit... but FIRST...

ELISA!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenna,

This is the first time I have been able to access the internet since the storm. Thanks! Please let all know I am fine. I will be posting my hurricane blog at livejournal.com/users/elisadasilva when I get a chance. I don't know when I will be able to come back online. I hope everyone else is well!

Alphabet

Aspiring Inspirer
Registered
Reaction score
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana::banana:

:banana: :banana::banana::banana:

:banana::banana::banana:
:banana: :banana:

:banana:

Hooray!!!!!!! How wonderful to know that we are all safe and well.
We didn't need any of our own to go in order to be conscious of the tragedy that has occurred for so many. Even as I am so elated for us I can't help but feel grief for all those with less fortunate stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.