The Bouncy Castle in Space

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Bad and good news.

Bad news: I mangled my leg Wednesday night playing soccer. Dislocated my knee (thankfully it popped back into place after going left, then right, then me collapsing to the ground), have a fracture in my tibula, and doctor thinks I tore my ACL. I play a good bit of sports on the side and workout five to six days a week. Torn ACLs have six to nine months recovery. I might go crazy. Also, family booked trip to Tennessee for Christmas weekend, needless to say I can't drive eight hours out there to see them which blows but it is what it is I guess.

Good news: Rounding out on my final big edits to my re-write of Stargazer. Very happy on the new story and the progression in my writing. Should start minor edits soon (made comments for small things like making sure of continuity for colors or something) and then one final readthrough before shooting out for betas. Had hoped to have the edits done in a month and then I realized I basically re-wrote the whole novel which tripled the time. Still happy to be seeing the finish line after only three to four months though.

How's everyone else? Any plans for the holidays coming up?

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
Hey guys! It's been a while since I've popped in here! I'm starting a new story that I'm not sure where it belongs-- YA or MG. I *want* it to be MG, but I feel like the tone is darker than most MG I've read, so I'm wondering if you all could help with a few recs of darker MG, specifically with darkness IN the MC. I feel a like a lot of MG have normal-ish young people in dark situations as opposed to moral ambiguity, dark inner conflicts, within the characters themselves, if that makes sense.

TIA

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Could you give a bit more of an example? Dark is a tad ambiguish. Can you liken it to a movie?

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
A really good example about a morally ambiguous MC for MG is the Artemis Fowl series. But yeah, I'm with playground here, it would help to know in what ways your MC and book are dark. There's such a variety!

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Is this the thread where I would put up the wonderful news that I just signed a contract for one of my picture books? Thought it was going to live forever in the dark realm of my laptop. Just goes to show, we should never give up. Or at least not any time soon.

SciSarahTops

late cretaceous
Registered
Reaction score
Reading about writing... less of the actual writin
Is this the thread where I would put up the wonderful news that I just signed a contract for one of my picture books? Thought it was going to live forever in the dark realm of my laptop. Just goes to show, we should never give up. Or at least not any time soon.

How wonderful! Congratulations!

CheG

Registered
Reaction score
Website
chegilson.blogspot.com

Wonderful news!! Congratulations!

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Been a longtime since seeing you sissybaby; glad for the news!

Foolster41

Aspiring Fool
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tumblr.com
Hello All! I'm a bit re-new here so I'm trying to get my bearings on posting. It seems like there's not a whole lot of activity in this section.

Tromboli: "Behind the canvas" by Alexander Vance is a MG book that has a somewhat morally ambiguous character. though it's more the duetagonist than the main protagonist/MC.

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
*pokes head in, looks around*
*pushes on the bottom of the bouncy castle*

Is it still bouncy after all this time?

*bounces*

Yay! It is!