Suggestion Box

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
You guys have a QUILTBAG space and a space dedicated for POC, but no sub-forum for people with disabilities.

I think it would be great if we had our own space too.

I am super late coming in, but:

When someone first pitched this idea to me, I was assuming it would be something more like POC or QUILTBAG than CC. A place to discuss the social aspects of disability, rights, the push for equality, ways to cope with existing discrimination, news related to these things, and sometimes AWers coming in to ask questions- all the same stuff I've seen in those two forums. And that's what I'm most interested in seeing.

From a purely personal standpoint I do hope the various forms of non-physiological disabilities would be included, but I can understand if they're not and I won't make an issue of it.

What I mean is, I figure I'm not the only AWer who'd love to see a designated spot for the respectful discussions of sanism/mental health stigma, or of intellectual disabilities and the stigma related to those, or of media portrayals of neurovariance, etc that sometimes take place in other forums here... But I know the prejudices people with physiological disabilities face are different and it's not my place to decide whether all disabilities can be discussed in the same subforum.

I don't know how I missed this conversation the first time it happened, but I've been thinking of something like this, and just came to this thread to suggest this very thing.

But I see it still hasn't happened yet (unless it's there somewhere and just invisible to me), so I thought I'd raise the suggestion again.

My thoughts are along the same lines as Raventongue.

Daniel E

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a new member and I tried to find posts on Flash Fiction using the Advanced Search box. It yielded many, many results but none that dealt with flash fiction, as far as I could tell by looking at the snippets.

Could someone tell me what I didn't do right?

Thanks.

Daniel E.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Daniel. I've had much better success using the uber-secret Google custom search box at the bottom left of every screen. It's nowhere near as prominent as the other one, but hey, when you're the best you don't have to be a blow-hard about it, right?

The forum for Short Fiction includes a sub-forum just for Flash Fiction.

Tomspy77

Time Lord
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thomas-willam-spychalski.webs.com
I don't have a suggestion as much as a quick question that I was not sure where to place.

What happened to the monthly 'Blog Chains' in the blogging section, used to participate, came back here on a whim to find this month's but it is either gone/no longer done or I cannot locate it.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have a suggestion as much as a quick question that I was not sure where to place.

What happened to the monthly 'Blog Chains' in the blogging section, used to participate, came back here on a whim to find this month's but it is either gone/no longer done or I cannot locate it.

Members lost interest in it.

Tomspy77

Time Lord
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thomas-willam-spychalski.webs.com
Cheers for the quick reply, guess I will just use Reddit prompts, although those are usually replied to 'in-thread.'

Anyway found one and will post the results in the post sharing thread at least, thanks again.