Looking for a Childrens book writer

PamelaSchiavone

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to all of this....I sent my first letter to Janell Cannon copied below. It explains my situation and needs. Janell sent me a beautiful email back, but said "she already wrote that book with Stellaluna. She called these children OOB Kids (out of body beginning).

I am looking for someone to help me with a book....my fertility Dr. has been on many national tv shows and will help promote the book.

I look forward to hearing from you !!
"OOB kid" parent

"Dear Janell,
I read the recent article in The Coast News about you and your successful career.
I have a 5 year old son who loves your books.

I have been trying to find a children’s book author to create a book that tells a story to children about the many ways a child is created…..not a birds and a bee’s story.

My son was the first donated embryo to be born in San Diego . San Diego News 10 did a two part story about my son and the process of donated embryos last November. After a six year struggle trying to have a baby, that was our last option. We have a great son who loves nature and animals. He’s been called a crystal child and seems emotionally older than his years.

Which leaves me with a dilemma of sorts, how to best explain my sons story to him? How my son could explain his story to his peers? Some of his peers have their own stories to tell. They have all been created with the help of science.

I have tried to find a good book about this subject….they are very generic. My son has no interest reading the one I have. It’s boring, very “Dick & Jane”.

I have many ideas and would like to meet with you to discuss such a book with you. As you can see I am a horrible writer."

maracalone

Registered
Reaction score
That's a toughie. Have you researched amazon.com for books that may be like the one you are trying to create?

Debbie V

Mentoring Myself and Others
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Pamela,

I was in a fertility support group for a while and have a daughter via insemination. I explained to her that we wanted her so much we asked a doctor (3 in the end) to help. Sometimes our bodies don't work the way they are supposed too. She knows about disabilities like blindness and I likened this to that. As long as the child understands they are loved, the rest doesn't matter. She's now almost nine, and I explained this recently when the topic came up.

I wonder if your book will be for kids, or for parents or for both. I do see the need for it and recognize the growing niche. Half the people I know seem to have adopted or used alternate methods to get pregnant. I'd be happy to look over your ideas and maybe work with you on it. Send me a private message with the info or contact info.

-Debbie