Blog Launch!

devero

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mysticcrossroads.wordpress.com
Hey all, my blog launches June 15th, please come by and take a look! It is completely devoted to the world I created and write about. I made a trailer for it so maybe that will pique your interest?

Thanks!

Robert

See link:

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
I would suggest you flush out the blog more - I know you said you're launching on June 15th, nut that isn't enough to get readers. Have you thought of hosting a contest with prizes? Is it a blog novel?

You might also want to use a better layout as the one you have now is very plain and doesn't say much about you or your work. Just a bit of advice.

The Grump

Hates Marketing. Loves Writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mktheodoratus.com
Hi. I watched the video and liked it as far as it went.

However, it left too many questions unanswered for me. Who are the forces your team fights? ... Then, there is the much larger question: What is the purpose of the video. It tells me nothing. Another way of saying this: I couldn't find the hook.

devero

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mysticcrossroads.wordpress.com
Mostly the video is just to gain interest. I did not use it to actually tell a story, just advertise. I have plans to tell more of a story with other videos in the future.

The blog itself is less than an e-book and more of a wiki about the universe my book is set in. I fully plan to put up short stories and samples from the first book until I get it published. I suppose I should put up the about section now, but I was waiting to input my first posts and change the layout until the 15th...

Also, I love the idea of a contest. I have a few inklings but nothing substantial. Any ideas you would like to share?

Laurie PK

Fulltime blogger & freelance writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theadventurouswriter.com
I once ran a contest that encouraged readers to leave a comment by a certain date. On that date, I drew the names of three winners from the comments pool -- all three received a free book. I've participated in contests like that, but never won anything...it's fun to try, though!

fezfrascati

Professional yambler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dannyzeff.com
I don't like saying good luck so "break a leg" with your blog. And definitely give it a unique theme; by using the basic default one, you look very amateur (no offense).