Another newbie here

roostercharmer

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to this forum and a bit intimidated. But I'll get over it, I'm sure. :) I've got me a finished manuscript and need some feedback and I've already had someone offer to read a few chapters of my book. Yay!

And I already have a question: What forum would be the most appropriate to ask a question about queries (ie, how much of the novel should I reveal in the synopsis)?

Thanks!

Last edited:

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the cooler.

AmbitiousJ

I'm Blessed to be a Blessing!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome love,
I'm a newbie too. So Yay, I don't feel like I'm the only one. Don't be a stranger.

"Every hard time has an expiration date"

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And I already have a question: What forum would be the most appropriate to ask a question about queries (ie, how much of the novel should I reveal in the synopsis)?
Welcome.

This is a separate section in Share Your Work for queries (which we've fondly named Query Hell). You might read the stickies there and see if your question is answered. If you still need to ask a question, you can post it in Novels. I would try to answer your question here just to get you started, but queries are an art into themselves and a short, quick answer probably wouldn't help you that much. You also need to read a new agent's blogs and see what they're looking for in a query (some of them actually have examples of queries that worked for them); they is some difference of opinion about what works and what doesn't in a query. Again, it's more art than science.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. Good luck.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. I know the place seems huge--and it is--but poke around for a while and you'll find answers to most of your questions. Don't sweat it if you end up asking a question in the wrong place. We'll just move it to the right one and leave you a helpful link.

Check out the stickies at the top to help guide you around and don't forget to read the Newbies Guide to AW.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

roostercharmer

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, what a welcome! Thanks everyone. I feel very loved! :Hug2:

Especially appreciate those who gave me advice and answered my questions. For some reason I had a hard time finding the "Share your work" section. I have now found it and so can direct all my query questions there.

And I don't like popcorn...:Shrug: :D