What kind of gun does your character carry?

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Just for Stanmiller. ;)

What kind of gun does your character carry, and why?

In my current WIP, Garrett so far seems to own one of just about every weapon ever made. I'll update when Honey gets her own. :)

In the book I have on sub, Maria carried an Airweight, because it was easy to get and had the serial numbers removed. :) So more a choice of convenience than anything else, and the small number of bullets cost her dearly.

Midnight Star

We are once in a lifetime.
Registered
Reaction score
Interesting question, HJ.

I usually don't put a lot of thought into what guns my characters carry. Usually just standard police handguns. :e2shrug: But I'll probably start thinking about it more now. ;)

Stanmiller

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wowser! Ask and ye shall receive. Thanks, Ma Deuce.

A variety, or none at all. A list, that's what we need.

Depending on the situations, in the four books written so far, Sam Longwalker has carried...

Browning Hi-Power -two. One generic model, as close to a universal handgun as there is, shoots any of the varieties of 9mm ammo subgun ammo available worldwide. Lay it down and walk away if he has to, without tipping off the enemy that the US is spying on them. The other is a custom .40. That one only leaves the gun safe on rare occasions.

S&W Airlite .357. As likely to take the hand off that fires it as the head of the target but handy to have in a pocket holster or motorcycle tank bag.

Some others that have appeared as necessary.

H&K MP5SD3 - suppressed 9mm squirter. Again, a generic piece he can leave behind if necessary.

H&K G36 Kurz - 5.56 NATO. Way better gas system than M16/M4. Shoot it until the barrel melts. Same criteria as above.

M-24 .300 Win Mag competition rifle. 2nd High Service Rifle at Camp Perry. Just for decoration.

Barrett M99 - Tuned single-shot fifty cal supershooter. .3 MOA with custom handloads. Definitely not a laydown.

And in the latest adventure, a CheyTac .408 that the Apache makes a 2 kilometer shot with.

Not a big list, for a thriller character. In fact, he's feeling sorta undergunned, compared to heyjude's Garrett.

--Stan

jeseymour

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jeseymour.com
My character carries a Colt M1911A1 as a general rule. When he can find one. In "Lead Poisoning" he uses a Remington 700 in .308 in a couple of scenes. He's also been known to tuck a Derringer into his boot for backup, probably a Remington in .38 special.

Stanmiller

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My character carries a Colt M1911A1 as a general rule. When he can find one. In "Lead Poisoning" he uses a Remington 700 in .308 in a couple of scenes. He's also been known to tuck a Derringer into his boot for backup, probably a Remington in .38 special.

je,
Ah. Whether Government Model, Officer's Model, Commander or National Match, the quintessential icon of the handgun world. Good choice.

Congrats on your pub. I remember when you went through QLH with it. Sounded good. I'll look for it.
-Stan

jeseymour

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jeseymour.com
je,
Ah. Whether Government Model, Officer's Model, Commander or National Match, the quintessential icon of the handgun world. Good choice.

Congrats on your pub. I remember when you went through QLH with it. Sounded good. I'll look for it.
-Stan

Thank you!

I should say it's a Derringer in the Remington Style, they don't make them anymore.

ToddWBush

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
From my series that I have books either finished in or nearly finished:

- Sloan carries a SIG P228, 9x19mm

- Tyler Kasey has a 9mm Glock 26, the so-called Baby Glock

- Brad Porter carries a .40 Glock 22

Stanmiller

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
From my series that I have books either finished in or nearly finished:

- Sloan carries a SIG P228, 9x19mm

- Tyler Kasey has a 9mm Glock 26, the so-called Baby Glock

- Brad Porter carries a .40 Glock 22

Lemme guess. Bauer carries a SIG?

Stanmiller

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bauer pretty much carries whatever was on the last dead body...

His holster collection must be huge.

We're going to need more people, to help catch Giggles and tie her down if nothing else. Oops, wrong thread. This belongs on the Romance (Sex) in your Mystery thread. Ya'll come on over.

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
While not nearly as comprehensive as Stan's- this was just easier- its part of a chapter in fallen-

Montana descended the ladder and turned on the overhead light. His team followed, and one-by-one, gazed about the room in awe. Assault and sniper rifles lined the walls—M-16s, AK-47s, a couple of new XM8s, M-40s, a pair of Dragunov SVDs, and others. The shelves were stocked with a variety of handguns—Uzis, Desert Eagles, Glocks, Berettas; and beneath those, the bad boys—M8 rocket launchers, M-60 machine guns, and stacks of C-4, along with their detonators. Boxes of concussion and fragmentation grenades sat on the floor under the shelves, as well as boxes and belts of ammunition.
Patrick grinned as he lovingly pulled his weapon of choice off the wall, a Barrett XM107, .50 caliber, long-range sniper rifle with IFR and night vision scope. He caressed the long, sleek barrel like a lover. Wrapping the strap around his arm, he hoisted the weapon to his shoulder and sighted it.

And that's just for starters:)

Stanmiller

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm. Cool beans, shea. :flag: You have my guy beat hands down. But I never heard a Barrett described as sleek before, especially the M107/M82. Intimidating, yeah. Heavy, you bet. Sleek? Well...more like chunky. BTW, drop the X. That was for the test models Barrett built for the trials. They're in service as the M107. The civilian version is the M82. The Corps has the same weapon as the M82A3.

The XM8 didn't make it, but you can get the action in the G36.

--Stan

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
where were you when I was in editing?;) It's already in print-

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a little sad everyone has an answer to that. *Kaitie isn't a gun fan.*

Anyway, I suppose my last one carried a gun. Eddie had one of these, I think. Right brand, but maybe not this specific one. I can't find my link in the original notes where I have it saved. He never actually uses it, though. He just has one. He actually ditches it before the big climax.

Dale doesn't carry a weapon at all. None of the superheroes do (they aren't allowed). They do have a tranq gun as a safety measure (one of them has had a tendency in the past to accidentally kill people when he gets emotional), but that's the closest thing any of them have to a real weapon.

The MC for my next story doesn't carry a gun, either. Though he might have to acquire one before the end. I haven't figured out all the details yet. He's kind of up against an unnatural foe, though, so I'll find another way if I can.

Stanmiller

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a little sad everyone has an answer to that. *Kaitie isn't a gun fan.*

Anyway, I suppose my last one carried a gun. Eddie had one of these, I think. Right brand, but maybe not this specific one. I can't find my link in the original notes where I have it saved. He never actually uses it, though. He just has one. He actually ditches it before the big climax.

Dale doesn't carry a weapon at all. None of the superheroes do (they aren't allowed). They do have a tranq gun as a safety measure (one of them has had a tendency in the past to accidentally kill people when he gets emotional), but that's the closest thing any of them have to a real weapon.

The MC for my next story doesn't carry a gun, either. Though he might have to acquire one before the end. I haven't figured out all the details yet. He's kind of up against an unnatural foe, though, so I'll find another way if I can.

That's a SIG P226. You and ToddWBush will get along fine.

A superhero named Dale? Smooth. :D

Unnatural foe? Lightning bolts work well for that.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Dale's not a superhero. He's just the narrator. But the superheroes he works with don't, either. ;)

Actually, Gabe is the only one who can kill people with his power, and he's not technically a member of the team because he's underage.

Mystery1

Make-believe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sharonaustin.blogspot.com
Stanmiller, sorry. I had something to do earlier, and I really didn't have time to answer your question (was going to post a brief synopsis of the story).

In short, my bib-overalled character with a mousy gun:

After a lazy farmhand is fired from his job for petty theft he turns to highway robbery, targeting elderly tourists on Route 66.

Sharon
http://sharonaustin.blogspot.com