Clean humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newguy1428

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Okay, I found an ad for a theater group who needs clean, topical humor. Nothing perverse, no profanity, or sexism. Making fun of tea baggers and conspiracy theorists, as well as making ontological jokes is wanted to.

What kind of people are these? I can handle the tea baggers, but clean? Non-perverse. They don't know what funny.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Did they actually SAY "tea baggers?" That's an informal and derogatory name for Tea Party members, as borrowed from the ... uh ... Urban Dictionary. Look it up if you dare.

But often enough clean CAN be funny. There's the Jack Benny radio show (and TV show, I recall seeing reruns in the late 1960's). He made a comedic career out of playing a tight-wad rich man who couldn't stand to part with a penny.

There's the story of one skit where a robber comes up to Jack, pulls out a gun and says "Your money or your life!" Unfortunately, the story goes that Jack forgot his line. The would-be robber repeated himself, "Come on, your money or your life!"

Finally Jack responded, "I'm thinking, I'm thinking."

Okay, so it's not topical, but it's clean.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Burns and Allen doing stand-up. Clean, clean, clean, and sixty (seventy?) years later, so funny there's a risk of wetting myself. Ditto the Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, Milton Berle, and lots of the comic geniuses our parents and grandparents laughed at.

I share this clean joke fairly often:

A frog goes into a bank and approaches the loan officer. He can see from her name plate that the officer's name is Patricia Whack. So he says, "Ms. Whack, I'd like to get a loan to buy a boat and go on a long vacation."

Patti looks at the frog in disbelief. “How much do you want to borrow?”

“Thirty thousands dollars should do it.”

Ms. Whack starts filling out the loan paperwork. “Name?”

“Kermit Jagger. My dad’s Mick Jagger. Listen, you don’t need all those papers. I know the bank manager. Just get me the loan, okay?”

“This is a substantial amount of money. The bank will need collateral against the loan, just in case you can’t repay it. Do you have anything he can use as collateral?”

The frog says, "Sure. I have this," and produces a tiny porcelain elephant, about half an inch tall, bright pink and perfectly formed. Very confused, Patti explains that she'll have to consult with the manager and disappears into a back office.

She finds the manager and says, "There's a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow $30,000. He wants to use this as collateral." She holds up the tiny pink elephant. "I mean, what the heck is this?"

The bank manager looks back at her and says, "It's a knick-knack, Patti Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone".

Maryn, bada-bing, bada-boom

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I found an ad for a theater group who needs clean, topical humor. Nothing perverse, no profanity, or sexism. Making fun of tea baggers and conspiracy theorists, as well as making ontological jokes is wanted to.

What kind of people are these? I can handle the tea baggers, but clean? Non-perverse. They don't know what funny.

Now this sounds like an interesting job.

I can think of a hundred ways to make fun of conspiracy theorists,

I'd tell you but, well, '24' is coming on and Jack Bauer has to save the Peoples Republic of Eye Are'que from nuclear obitheration at the hands of the ex president he helped put in jail because he was plotting to overthrow congress...

Ah...Jesse Ventura has a show on conspiracy theories..and if you go back in the humor forum for about a year, you will find a contest where we all wrote conspiracy theories...

K?

Last edited:

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Lily Tomlin got lots of fun out of Nixon and Watergate topics...acerbic and cut-to-the-quick, while accessible to and accepted by a wide audience.

Lily and Jane are still two funny broads.

mostlylegit

Registered
Reaction score
The bank manager looks back at her and says, "It's a knick-knack, Patti Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone".

Maryn, bada-bing, bada-boom

Hahaha, this made me laugh more than I think it should have...oh well

LadyLiterature

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
You can definitely go to town on the clean humor conspiracy theorists stuff! For more clean humor, just travel back and time and look at the things that were funny back in the 40's, 50's, 60's. You're bound to find some good material.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Too bad many modern Tea Partiers think Samuel Adams is a beer (that's a joke, son). Of course, this only works of the listener knows who the real Samuel Adams was.

Jack Benny is great, but (I'll continue the 70-year feud) Fred Allen was better on the fly. Jack wasn't quick without a script all the time. Will Rogers did a lot of political humor. Someone did this video with a lot of his sayings in it. There was a great remix of his speech at the 1932 Democratic convention, it was hilarious but I can't find it :(

Cleanest joke I know:

What did Tarzan say when he saw the elephants?
"Here come the elephants."

What did Tarzan say when he saw the elephants wearing dark sunglasses?
"Here come the elephants."

What did Tarzan say when he saw the elephants wearing dark sunglasses and pink bowler hats?
Nothing. He didn't recognize them.

Last edited:

archerjoe

Registered
Reaction score
Alright, I'm game. I recently posted this in the Looney Bin but you may have missed it there.

Two elderly nuns were driving in upstate New York on night. When they stopped at a rural intersection, a vampire jumped onto the hood and glowered at them through the windshield.

"Oh, what should we do?" cried the first nun.

"Quick, show him your cross!"

"Really? Do you think that will work?"

"Yes, yes, do it!"

The first nun rolled down her window and stuck her head out.

"HEY YOU! Can't you see we're DRIVING HERE!"

archerjoe

Registered
Reaction score
On oldie but one of my favorites:

Marge and Frank lived on a small midwest farm. One Saturday, they invited friends and relatives to dinner. Marge was preparing her favorite casserole.

"Frank, where are the mushrooms?"

"Oh, no! I forgot. Sorry, Dear."

"I've got to get this into the oven soon. There's not enough time for you to drive to town and back. What are we going to do? I can't make my casserole without mushrooms."

"Well, there are lots of mushrooms in the pasture."

"We can't use those! We don't know if they're poisonous or not."

"We could test them."

"How?"

"I'll feed some to Rover. If he acts OK, they're good."

"I don't know about this."

"Give me the leftover gravy from yesterday. I'll pour it over some mushrooms so Rover will eat them."

Frank went out and picked a handful of mushrooms. With the gravy over them, Rover ate the whole pile. Frank and Marge watched Rover for 15 minutes and he seemed normal.

"OK, OK, I'll use the mushrooms. This had better work!"

The relatives came and after the big dinner, they sat in the living room and patted their stomachs.

"Oh, Marge, that casserole was delicious! I think I ate four helpings."

"Thank you."

Aunt Mabel called Marge into the kitchen and pointed out the window.

"It's Rover - he's dead!"

"Oh no! Stay right there and don't tell a soul!"

Marge ran to the back bedroom, dialed the local hospital and told the on-call doctor about the mushrooms.

"We'll send out an ambulance with stomach pump right away!"

When the ambulance came into the yard, Marge stood in the middle of the living room and made an announcement.

"I'm sorry to say the mushrooms I used in the casserole were bad. They might be poisonous. Don't panic - the ambulance is here and we're all going to get our stomachs pumped."

After everyone had their stomach pumped, they sat in the living room again.

"That was an awful experience! It's a good thing no one died from this."

Aunt Mabel piped up, "Poor Rover died. He never saw the car that hit him."

Last edited:

Umgowa

Registered
Reaction score

If this group actually used the highly derogatory term "tea baggers" and also wants to make fun of them, . . . I'd stay away from them . . . Obviously an extremist, radical group of people.

panagiotisk

Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes when I am reading in a hurry I read "Tea Party" as "Tera Patrick"...

Status
Not open for further replies.