What character did you ever want to become?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ton Lew Lepsnaci

A WIP
Registered
Reaction score
There's a recent thread called "would you turn", asking if anyone would turn vampire if they could. In general:

Identifying with a character of a work to the point of wanting to become the character seems the ultimate compliment to the work.

So, are there any volunteers out there to become characters they loved to read about?

Fess up you rabbits from Watership Down, Hitch Hikers of the galaxy (seriously?) etc.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
When I was a kid, I wanted to be Honey Wheeler from the Trixie Belden Mysteries. She was rich, she was pretty, she got to solve mysteries, and the cutest guy in the group (Trixie's older brother Brian) adored her. She had everything.

Now? I don't know. I'd have to think about that.

PEBKAC2

Will crit for food.
Registered
Reaction score
Biff from Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff Christ's Childhood Pal

I think it would be fun to pal around with Christ on his various adventures.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Menolly, from Anne McCaffrey's Dragonsinger series. Odd, because I usually identify better with (and write) male characters. It's the music. And I have a crush on Sebell.

I loved Menolly, but thought Sebell was a dork. I prefered Lord Jasom and his white dragon...

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Sunshine. From Sunshine. Cinnamon rolls by day, vampire lover by night? Hells yeah. I'd be ALL over that.

kaitiepaige17

Inappropriate smiley INCOMINGGGGGG!
Registered
Reaction score
Katniss from Hunger Games. Sure, she's trying to be offed through the whole book, but she's one badass with a bow and arrow ;)

S.J.

Addict? I can quit whenever I want!
Registered
Reaction score
I used to want to be Matilda. Then, I wanted to be Lyra from The Northern Lights/Golden Compass. After that, I grew out of wanting to be characters... I think. Maybe it's because horrible things happen to most of them. :)

MissMacchiato

Bring on the Sweet, Sweet Coffee
Registered
Reaction score
When I was a kid, I wanted to be Honey Wheeler from the Trixie Belden Mysteries. She was rich, she was pretty, she got to solve mysteries, and the cutest guy in the group (Trixie's older brother Brian) adored her. She had everything.

Now? I don't know. I'd have to think about that.

Omg, did she really end up with brian?!

haha, I had almost forgotten about that series! awesome!

Hmm... who would I choose? it's really difficult to say. I read a lot of romance, and some of those characters would be great to get to be, but most of them have some pretty awful stuff happen to them prior to the whole rugged-hero-with-a-rock-solid-jaw bizzo.

Sooooo.... Maybe Elizabeth Anne "Betsy" Taylor from the Undead and Unwed series? she gets to have hot mind reading vamp sex with Eric sinclair!

or, hmm. That's actually surprisingly difficult to answer!

I will think on it and get back to you!

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
I'd love to be as sweetly arch and socially unflappable as Elizabeth Bennet...

As brilliant and capable as Dagny Taggart (second vote!)...

As courageous as Eowyn...

As magical as Jonathan Strange...

As alluring and popular and artistic as Amy March (I've always been Jo down to the last quirk, so of course I'd want the opposite)...

And Alec Ramsey from the Walter Farley books, because he got to ride all those great horses...

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
As a child, I wanted to be Turtle Wexler from "The Westing Game". Smart, snarky and competent at the stock market? Sign me up!

Libbie

Worst song played on ugliest guitar
Registered
Reaction score
Fess up you rabbits from Watership Down, Hitch Hikers of the galaxy (seriously?) etc.

Oh, you got me! I wanted to be Bigwig in a serious way ever since I was a little kid. I've always loved that character's stoicism, bravery, and gruffness.

Would it creep the world out very much if I admit that I want to be, in certain respects, just like Humbert Humbert? I certainly do not want to rape or even be attracted to children -- fortunately I am not attracted to children, hooray! But I've always loved that character's mesmerizing persona, his cleverness, and his whole-hearted, beautiful expression of his passions. It's just that his passions are deplorable.

I guess I'd also really like to be Petyr Baelish from A Song of Ice and Fire. So subtle, yet so in control. Of everything.

I'm going to stop now. I'm not painting a good picture of myself!

Last edited:

nutbird

Almost expert!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I'd love to be Angua in Terry Pratchett's Discworld! She's gorgeous, a werewolf, and has Carrot, the hottest man in the multiverse, as a sweetie! What a life! :D

Devant

Registered
Reaction score
Lestat. Charming, knowledged, almost immortal, wicked, domineering. Has a cool name for added bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.