new, and just a little nervous

divy

rhymes with ivy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
littlelambsydivy.blogspot.com
Hey there,

I've been lurking around these forums since November (found AW during NaNoWriMo). I have been wanting to write, and trying to write, for most of my life, but I never managed to finish anything big before NaNo- I had written a few short stories in high school, but they were very much 'high school short stories', if you know what I mean ;)

I put my ms away, and I only started writing again at the beginning of April, but now I can't seem to stop. I've completed the second draft of my NaNo ms and I'm trying to find people willing to give me brutal critiques. I trust my friends to be honest, but I don't think they're willing to completely eviscerate my work as much as I'd like.

I've also started brainstorming on a few new projects, and it's becoming pretty clear to me that I have a lot to learn. This seems like a good place to start. I'm a Canadian living in Hong Kong, and I'm having a bit of a hard time finding a community here.

I write women's fic, sort of bordering on chick-lit, but touching on some more serious topics as well.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. Good luck.

Midnight Star

We are once in a lifetime.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. I see you are a writing addict. Join the club, mi amigo (or amiga...). AW is a very good environment to interact with published and amateur writers...

Wait, why am I talking like the narrators on Discovery Channel documentaries?

PARTY! PARTY! PARTY! :partyguy:

BradleyWilliams

New kid, no need to be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I hope you find someone to eviscerate your writing. I would offer but i am running to the end of the school year and it is getting kind of busy. If you are still in need come early June drop me a line. [email protected]

Good Luck

Bradley

Xvee

I Need Monkeys
Registered
Reaction score
Hi divy. Might want to check out Uncle Jim's Sticky in the Novel section. Lots of good advice there. I've found that both brutal honesty and gentle hand-holding can be found here.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Rubicon

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome and good luck with your writing.

If you approach this forum with an open mind and are willing to read and learn from the honesty you will receive in this forum your writing will improve tremendously.

Meira

Informant X03981
Registered
Reaction score
Website
meirapentermann.com
I've completed the second draft of my NaNo ms and I'm trying to find people willing to give me brutal critiques. I trust my friends to be honest, but I don't think they're willing to completely eviscerate my work as much as I'd like.

Hi, Divy, and :welcome:

Go on over to the Share Your Work threads. Writers are the most honest, yet kindest, resource for good feedback and AW is the best!