News studio live audience

Thomas_Anderson

Registered
Reaction score
This is sort of a continuation of the reporter question I asked earlier. Is it in any way plausible for any news show to have a live audience? As in a few chairs out of view of the cameras?

shadowwalker

empty-nester!
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think it could be considered an "audience" as such for just a "nightly news" type program - possibly they would allow some visitors, but they most likely not be allowed in the studio itself (as they prefer to keep down unnecessary off-camera noise). Possibly in the control booth, if there were room. I know the station my son worked at would have tours for various groups, but those were set up long in advance, and they stood far at the back with strict orders to keep quiet.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
This is sort of a continuation of the reporter question I asked earlier. Is it in any way plausible for any news show to have a live audience? As in a few chairs out of view of the cameras?

Depends what kind of news program you're talking. It wouldn't be completely out of the ordinary for family members or friends to be somewhere out of the way watching the show. But as the studios are not built for an audience, there's no real place to put them and it would only be a few people at once. Especially if it's live. Unlike a sitcom, for example, they don't want any noise.

Thomas_Anderson

Registered
Reaction score
I don't need a huge audience for this to work. I only need three people max, and they would be the friends and family of one of the reporters.

Thomas_Anderson

Registered
Reaction score
One last question. Would the reporter be let home early if something truly disturbing happened in the studio? Something like the guy she was interviewing in the back got decapitated, and she saw the aftermath?

shadowwalker

empty-nester!
Registered
Reaction score
One last question. Would the reporter be let home early if something truly disturbing happened in the studio? Something like the guy she was interviewing in the back got decapitated, and she saw the aftermath?

Unless she's a cub reporter (ie, there for school credit) she should stay on the job. I don't think reporters in war zones get sent home ;) Not to mention if something like that happened, the police wouldn't look kindly on anyone taking off.