• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Ridan Publishing

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
If you go to the authors page and follow the links to the authors websites, you will find some still in operation and others that no longer exist. I also searched and found a few other authors who got their rights back, other than Nathan and AC...

VRanger

Registered
Reaction score
the South. Faulkner would be my inspriation if I'd
By the sound of it, this author has had his Ridan books delayed repeatedly and now they've been published, they're full of errors. He must be feeling bad enough already: telling him all about them seems a bit like kicking him while he's down.

And what will that achieve? The author can't do anything about it; only the publisher could correct those mistakes.

I know this is bringing up a VERY old thread and post, but I recently read several of the Share books, and was appalled by the number of lazy mistakes throughout them.

The mistakes aren't there for the publisher to miss if the MS isn't submitted with them in the first place. I spend DAYS cleaning up my MSs before any second pair of eyes sees them. In my recently completed 80K MS, the proofreader found 7 remaining mistakes (three flipped names and four wrong words). In other words, by NY standards, it was ready for publication from the standpoint of typos. I'm not trying to hold myself up as an example, but every author can do that. For me, it's a matter of pride to produce clean copy, and as an educated, experienced writer, I should be able to do that, and expect it of myself.

Last edited: