Why have all the mods turned into Flying AW Monkeys?

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Someone needs to photoshop a gopher, a sparkly cow, and a flying monkey into one monstrous creature.

This chimera you speak of will also need some jackboots, so it can goose-step in proper fashion. :D

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I googled the phrase, it appears on two forums. Both times said by the same person.

...the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else ... Except for the relatively small number of Fascist sympathisers, almost any English person would accept ‘bully’ as a synonym for ‘Fascist’. That is about as near to a definition as this much-abused word has come.

-George Orwell

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Someone needs to photoshop a gopher, a sparkly cow, and a flying monkey into one monstrous creature. That person would not be me--I don't even have Photoshop and have horrible editing skills besides.
Perhaps you can find a Gimp to help you.
I googled the phrase, it appears on two forums. Both times said by the same person.
By googling partial phrases I found various things - a forum comment from a couple years ago (AW mods have had this reputation for that long now? I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked!) and a blogpost from a couple months ago.

I'd totally forgotten about it, but some link reminded me that the original flying monkeys were in "The Wizard of Oz." Wow, life is full of cultural references out the, uh, wazoo.

Leukman

Pernicious...n'stuff.
Registered
Reaction score
Aren't you a bit too addle-brained to be engaging me in a conversation?

'Conversation' is subjective, as you've readily demonstrated here. ;)

Leukman

Pernicious...n'stuff.
Registered
Reaction score
Are you offering your neck? I haven't had lunch yet and I've been told you could stand to lose a few liters.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Perhaps you can find a Gimp to help you.

By googling partial phrases I found various things - a forum comment from a couple years ago (AW mods have had this reputation for that long now? I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked!) and a blogpost from a couple months ago.

They are all jealous I tell you, jealous!

PoppysInARow

Book Reviewer y'all
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. A very kind and rather concerned and appalled member PMed me a link to a different writers board where someone was discussing the moderation here. "fascist Leznazi flying monkeys" come up, as one description.

It made me laugh and laugh and laugh - and since it's been a while since we were all gopher cultists, potty-mouthed angry women, or sparkly cows, I just couldn't resist.

Now I'm really curious as to where this board is located. Are they all completely mad there? :Wha: Don't they realize the mods in this forum are not only fair, but they actually care about the boards? So many forums go to hell because the mods don't care.

Whatever. They can go whine and bitch in their corner. We know we have it better without them. :tongue

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
Seriously Rob, no one and I mean no one deserves you.

Well maybe...

one of America's most wanted or a guy who wears a toupee and sells used cars.

You know Rob my quote in your sigline has a deceptively different intent without the rest of my quote?

That's sweet. Thank you.

You're welcome, you rotten scoundrel.