Is Absolutewrite Out to Destroy Itself?

Angkor

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I logged into Forum this evening to find that it has been hijacked by aliens from outer space who have substituted a serious meeting place for writers with extraterrestrial spam-cum-malware. I now find categories labeled "Clown Lotto Fiction," "Prostituting Your Art," "The Rumpy-Dumpy Room," "Signs You're Becoming a Serial Killer," among many other silly headings irrelevant to the art of writing.

I somehow missed the announcement from the aliens' mother ship informing all of us serious writers that we were to be rounded up and sent to a penal colony on Planet-X so that the Absolutewrite Forum could be taken over by a horde of gremlins, trolls, ogres and nincompoops who would so trivialize and cheapen the once respectable domain of AW Forum as to drive away any remaining striving and established authors to make place for a five ring circus on acid. Too bad. Amazing it is how bad management can utterly destroy that which required no fixing. Farewell Earth. Farewell AW!

BTW, April Fool's!

Last edited:

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
AFD?

Oh, you mean APRIL FOOL'S DAY?

-Derek

Deleted member 42

Amazing it is how bad management can utterly destroy that which required no fixing. Farewell Earth. Farewell AW!

Dere swete newbie hast þou taken an gander at þe calens? For verily, yt ys þe feaste of fooles, and ye ben oon of þem.

Yt is called humor. Yt is mild. Tomorn þe well alle be dronken, and þe poore swotten bad management, þey þat are awake of nightes to take care of alle þing, þe managment will have cleneþ alle þise foolinge.

Also? þis worde irrelevant -- Y do not þinck þis worde meanes what þou þinkeþ yt meaneþ. Y þinck þat þe worde beste suitede to þis caas ys þe worde irreverant.

Yette, alle yn alle, þine poste yt is a gode jape.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leukman

Pernicious...n'stuff.
Registered
Reaction score
We oughta hook this dude up with Balls O Fire. They'd get along spendidly. :D