An MTS/poetry challenge

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, friends. I'm also modding in the poetry forum now, so I'd like to see how we can cross genres! (Poetry forum is called "How Hard Can It Be, Really?" today.)

Will you please write your bestest poem about serial killers and post in that room? ETA: I got us started here.

Thank you!

Last edited:

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
LOL! This...is brilliant...

I'll try but it might be the morning before I get one on. It's okay if it sucks, right? Cuz I'm like sooooo not a poet. ;)

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I encourage sucking! :D

ETA: Uh, that didn't sound quite right... you know what I mean!

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Oh man. This evening has been fun haha.

bigb

Gun in Mouth Blues
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't get along with the poets very well.

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
This reminds me of the Little Willie Poems. I read a few when I was a kid and never forgot one of them. Anyway, here is a link I found on the net. Just thought I'd share.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Huh? Most of the poets I've known have done free form. I thought that was kind of the style of the moment?

I stand kind of in awe of poets. They actually understand things like symbolism and meter and all those things that just go straight over my head. Yup, symbolism. You think I'm kidding. I know as a novelist I should be good at that sorta thing, but nope. Unless it's ridiculously obvious it goes straight over my head.

ToddWBush

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Here's my entry, I'll have to post it and watch the poets go crazy because it's so bad.

I kill people,
Because it's fun.
Why do I do it?
Reason, there ain't none.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Go put it in the poetry room thread, Todd. It fits in perfectly. :)

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
We celebrate National Poetry Month (April) in our village. We're quite artsy and creative in Wyoming County, NY.

So on the weekend of the 24th, I think it is, copies of poems get plastered all over the windows of the businesses along Main Street. The arts council is open so any passers by can go in write a poem, and slap outside on some window. Its pretty cool, all the business go along with it every year. Then you can read them as you walk down the street, or if you like it, take it off to share it with someone else. (Usually there are a few copies of each poem in case someone wants to do that.) It's way fun! Looks quite pretty too with all the pretty colored paper flapping in the wind.